By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will God of War III and FFXIII outsell Halo 3's opening week?

No to both.

I dont think a game this Gen will do it.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
TheTruthProphet said:
peshkavus said:
I would love to see FFXIII break Halo 3's record just to see some fanboys cry all over the net ;)

LMAO.....you mean like when all the sony ps3 fanboys were crying and devastated when halo 3 became the biggest launch in entertainment history generating over $170 million dollars in 1 day?

http://www.reuters.com/article/inPlayBriefing/idUSIN20070927063131MSFT20070927

GTA SA for the PS2 beats Halo 3's first week. It beat Halo 3 by about 170,000 copies. So we're still happy with our San Andreas record :)

Ummmm okay, whatever helps you sleep at night. 

I forgot to say that $170 million dollars was US sales only.

Halo 3 made over $300 million worldwide first week. 

http://games.ign.com/articles/825/825158p1.html

No other exclusive comes close to that, not even your prescious san andreas record.

Nuff said

TheTruthProphet said:
Gilgamesh said:
TheTruthProphet said:
peshkavus said:
I would love to see FFXIII break Halo 3's record just to see some fanboys cry all over the net ;)

LMAO.....you mean like when all the sony ps3 fanboys were crying and devastated when halo 3 became the biggest launch in entertainment history generating over $170 million dollars in 1 day?

http://www.reuters.com/article/inPlayBriefing/idUSIN20070927063131MSFT20070927

GTA SA for the PS2 beats Halo 3's first week. It beat Halo 3 by about 170,000 copies. So we're still happy with our San Andreas record :)

No other exclusive comes close to that, not even your prescious san andreas record.

Nuff said

Well as long as I see

First Week  Sales
GTA: San Andreas  3,986,105
Halo 3  3,815,444

I'm happy and I'll sleep quite well tonight :)

God of War 3 would be lucky to do halo 3 opening week in lifetime let alone opening week.

Gilgamesh said:
TheTruthProphet said:

Nuff said

Well as long as I see

First Week  Sales
GTA: San Andreas  3,986,105
Halo 3  3,815,444

I'm happy and I'll sleep quite well tonight :)

So you wouldn't sleep well if Halo had sold more in the first week?  Now is the time to step away from the computer and re-evaluate some things.

Around the Network

Some people here are obviously stuck in some sort of internet-hype vacuum, as GoW has never sold THAT well and is not THAT popular (caps to emphasize the relative nature of that statement...it's obviously extremely popular and it obviously sells extremely well, but it's certainly no Halo, GTA, or even MGS). GoW3's LTD will probably be close to Halo 3's first week, if anything.

FFXIII maybe...I have no predictions for how well the 360 version will sell, so I have no idea.

If I had to bet on one game, I'd go with GT5. People are CRAZY for GT.

@Gilgamesh - Glad to hear you will sleep well......they are just game sales.

Especially since you are a comparing games from 2 different generations one of which had a much larger install base at the time of release.

Nothing quite like living in the past right....especially when reality sucks?

PS - Don't forget the ps2 beat the hell outta the original xbox in sales!!!

140 million woohooo!!!

TheTruthProphet said:

@Gilgamesh - Glad to hear you will sleep well......they are just game sales.

Especially since you are a comparing games from 2 different generations one of which had a much larger install base at the time of release.

Nothing quite like living in the past right....especially when reality sucks?

PS - Don't forget the ps2 beat the hell outta the original xbox in sales!!!

140 million woohooo!!!

It's just game sales!?

You do realize this is VG Chartz, that's all that matters here.

@JaggedSac, yeh thank god Halo 3 didn't beat San Andreas or I'd have a bad case of insomnia right now :)

No game will, xbot halo freaks are a special type.

GT5 lt sales will wreck Halo3 sales though.

GT5 will have a very good shot to pass up Halo 3, for the ppl looking at LTD sales, I saw somebody try to compare GT4 with Halo 3.

GT3 sold 14.87mil copies compared to Halo 3's 9.4mil. So basically BOTH ps2 versions of GT have beaten Halo 3. 5 won't be any different, that goes for first week and LTD IMO.

If somebody's pointed this out already, my bad. Stopped reading after page 6.

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/