By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will God of War III and FFXIII outsell Halo 3's opening week?

polezo said:
Not God of War III because it doesnt have a big enough showing in Japan. Final Fantasy xiii could have a chance, but the comparison would have to include skewed dates, since Halo 3 released worldwide on one day, and FFXIII will be out in Japan far before it hits the west. FFXIII also multiplatform so its not quite a fair comparison.

One you didn't mention that could beat halo 3's sales is Gran Turismo 5. If it hits with a high enough install base for the PS3 (in Europe especially), it could maybe eclipse Week 1 halo 3.

No game will ever eclipse halo 3 first week on the ps3....ever

Around the Network

I think most games are gonna have a hard time accomplishing what Halo 3 did in it's first week. So no.

TheTruthProphet said:
CaseyDDR said:

I know it's hard for you Halo fanboys to swallow, but GT is just a more popular series worldwide, accept it. I'd put my money that Halo 3 WON'T surpass GT3.

Why are you talking about GT3.....welcome to 2009 my friend.

GT DOES NOT have the same popular culture significance as Halo.

Non gamers know about halo.  GT is not as popular and does not have the name recognition halo has.

Plain and simple.

Halo movies, halo mountain dew, halo burger king, halo everything.......GT has none of those.

Also, GT prologue had an average metacrtitic score of just 80.  While Forza had a score of 90....pure ownage.

ALSO, GT developers OPENLY ADMIT forza is ahead of GT in features.  So there ya go

http://www.ps3news.com/story/title/Gran-Turismo-Devs-Says-Forza-Leads-With-Features

Yawn.   Gran Turismo is more popular than Halo.   If you said the United States only...I might be more inclined to agree with you.   Halo isn't god in anywhere except America.   Get over it.   Who cares if it's on Mountain Dew or Doritos bags.  That is all Microsoft pushing that,  not 'the Halo name'. 

Congrats on linking an article almost 2 years old when referring to Gran Turismo.  LOL.   The Prologue 'Demo' was higher quality than any full priced Forza game.  That is what's incredibly sad.    Gran Turismo > Halo.  'Nuff Said'. 

GoW = No...not eben 4 mill lifetime sales
FF XIII = No...but only because its not a exclusive so lets wait till FF Versus XIII...more americans gonna buy that

maybe GT5 got a chance...many people are hungry for that game...but i would not bet any money on that!

Leonidus said:
TheTruthProphet said:
Jo21 said:
JerzeeBalla said:
Jo21 said:
JerzeeBalla said:

God Of War doesnt have a chance in hell.

FFXIII could do it on PS3 possibly, but I dont think it will happen because the 360 will take away too many sales in the US. 

GT5, Im not sure. I never was a fan, and I dont really know the sales history. So my uneducated guess is no just based on the history of sales on PS3. 

even second iterations of games sold over over 9.8 million easily. all up GT4.

and 5 million sales come the europe. sony strong market.

I feel you, but for GT5 to sell 10 mil, either half of the current userbase would have to buy it, or it would have to move a shitload of hardware. Unless the userbase greatly increases before it is released. I'm not saying it cant happen, cause again I have never followed the series, but I just dont know. I still think FF has the best chance because it performs so well in all regions. But then again, I guess GT does also. I mean, Prologue sold like 3 mil not including the PSN copies, so.....

well halo 3 did it, and its less popular.

@Jo21 - GT is more popular than halo??  Umm based on what exactly?

I never heard of anyone talking bout making a GT movie.  I have never seen GT logos on mountain dew and burger king advertisements.  

Where is this magic land you talk about where GT is so much more popular than halo?

The sales figures for all the games. GT is more popular than Halo, Gran Turismo is known as 'the' racing game

yeah of course GT 1-4 have more sales than halo 3...because the PS2 had over 120 MILLION UNITS!!!!!  over a third of overyone that owns an xbox 360 has a copy of halo 3, GT has what? meby one tenth of the install base at best for the PS2 and GT: Prolouge has about one sixth of the install base owning it, so NO!! GT is not and will never be more popular than halo.

Around the Network

Will GoW lifetime sales be more than Halo 3 first week? No.

FF XII lifetime sales will be more than Halo 3 first week sales. :O

GT 5 will not sell more than halo 3, even if it is heavily bundled.

yo_john117 said:
Leonidus said:
TheTruthProphet said:
Jo21 said:
JerzeeBalla said:
Jo21 said:
JerzeeBalla said:

FFXIII could do it on PS3 possibly, but I dont think it will happen because the 360 will take away too many sales in the US. 

GT5, Im not sure. I never was a fan, and I dont really know the sales history. So my uneducated guess is no just based on the history of sales on PS3. 

I feel you, but for GT5 to sell 10 mil, either half of the current userbase would have to buy it, or it would have to move a shitload of hardware. Unless the userbase greatly increases before it is released. I'm not saying it cant happen, cause again I have never followed the series, but I just dont know. I still think FF has the best chance because it performs so well in all regions. But then again, I guess GT does also. I mean, Prologue sold like 3 mil not including the PSN copies, so.....

I never heard of anyone talking bout making a GT movie.  I have never seen GT logos on mountain dew and burger king advertisements.  

Where is this magic land you talk about where GT is so much more popular than halo?

The sales figures for all the games. GT is more popular than Halo, Gran Turismo is known as 'the' racing game

yeah of course GT 1-4 have more sales than halo 3...because the PS2 had over 120 MILLION UNITS!!!!!  over a third of overyone that owns an xbox 360 has a copy of halo 3, GT has what? meby one tenth of the install base at best for the PS2 and GT: Prolouge has about one sixth of the install base owning it, so NO!! GT is not and will never be more popular than halo.

User base doesn't matter in this argument.  Gran Turismo is more popular.  Deal with it.

Rpruett said:
TheTruthProphet said:
CaseyDDR said:

I know it's hard for you Halo fanboys to swallow, but GT is just a more popular series worldwide, accept it. I'd put my money that Halo 3 WON'T surpass GT3.

Non gamers know about halo.  GT is not as popular and does not have the name recognition halo has.

Plain and simple.

Halo movies, halo mountain dew, halo burger king, halo everything.......GT has none of those.

Also, GT prologue had an average metacrtitic score of just 80.  While Forza had a score of 90....pure ownage.

ALSO, GT developers OPENLY ADMIT forza is ahead of GT in features.  So there ya go

http://www.ps3news.com/story/title/Gran-Turismo-Devs-Says-Forza-Leads-With-Features

Yawn.   Gran Turismo is more popular than Halo.   If you said the United States only...I might be more inclined to agree with you.   Halo isn't god in anywhere except America.   Get over it.   Who cares if it's on Mountain Dew or Doritos bags.  That is all Microsoft pushing that,  not 'the Halo name'. 

Congrats on linking an article almost 2 years old when referring to Gran Turismo.  LOL.   The Prologue 'Demo' was higher quality than any full priced Forza game.  That is what's incredibly sad.    Gran Turismo > Halo.  'Nuff Said'. 

No Prologue was not better than any full priced Forza game so get over it...

Rpruett said:
yo_john117 said:
Leonidus said:
TheTruthProphet said:
Jo21 said:
JerzeeBalla said:
Jo21 said:
JerzeeBalla said:

User base doesn't matter in this argument.  Gran Turismo is more popular.  Deal with it.

Great i love how you state it is more popular without stating any facts like i just did, and YES userbase does infact matter in this argument.  Tell me does any of the GT games have over 1 MILLION unique players playing each day...no it doesn't!! so how bout instead of just stating it like a fact back it up with PROOF that its more popular, take off your fanboy glasses and look around.

yo_john117 said:
Rpruett said:
TheTruthProphet said:
CaseyDDR said:

Plain and simple.

No Prologue was not better than any full priced Forza game so get over it...

Actually it was.  Over 3 million copies sold (On a 'demo') and doesn't even count the online download numbers which easily could push it past Forza 2's total sales.

Hate to burst your bubble.