By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does it anger you when people say their Wii is collecting dust?

mike_intellivision said:
Yes, it bothers me that people say that to insult the Wii.

But not as much as people who have no standing on the issue who troll the Wii.

Of course, many of these people are one in the same.

Mike from Morgnatown

If people aren't playing a certain console, it is because they are playing something else, doing something else, or just aren't looking hard enough for a game. For example, right now, I have 30 consoles collecting dust.

That's true, it's not really the idea that people aren't playing their Wiis that should be annoying so much as the wording they used to try and get a rise out of people.  It's like when people mention using their PS3 only as a Bluray player in threads that have nothing to do with it.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
I think the PS3 is the console that collects the most dust but maybe that's because it's so big there's more space for dust to settle. Also, the fact that it's black makes things worst because dust is much more visible than on the white Wii.

Very True, it collects dust fast, I clean my Wii and PS3 one a week

Esa-Petteri said:
wfz said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
why should anyone get angry?

One, is free to do what they wish with their property.

hell, I got a free wii and I haven't even bothered unpacking it from it's box, one could say that it's the box collecting dust and not my wii.

Why don't you sell it, give it as a present, or use it yourself? I don't see why you'd just keep it in a box....

Maybe he wants to keep it in case there will be some interesting game for him coming later.

that's one of the things, but it's also cuz I can't be fucked going into to eb or JB-Hi and trading it in.

@WFZ

as for giving it away...call me cheap....but fuck no.

Torillian said:
mike_intellivision said:
Yes, it bothers me that people say that to insult the Wii.

But not as much as people who have no standing on the issue who troll the Wii.

Of course, many of these people are one in the same.

Mike from Morgnatown

If people aren't playing a certain console, it is because they are playing something else, doing something else, or just aren't looking hard enough for a game. For example, right now, I have 30 consoles collecting dust.

That's true, it's not really the idea that people aren't playing their Wiis that should be annoying so much as the wording they used to try and get a rise out of people.  It's like when people mention using their PS3 only as a Bluray player in threads that have nothing to do with it.

While this is more legitimate, I try not to get irritable just because other people are behaving poorly. It's fine that they don't like it - it certainly doesn't stop me.

People just say that to insult the Wii. It's their fault they don't like its games when it has so many to offer. I'm playing my wii as I type this...

It's probably dusty, but that's not because I don't play it! I don't think I've gone more than 2-3 days without playing it or turning it on. Ever.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

Meh. Mine has been on once in a couple months and catches more dust than anything in the house. I enjoy showing it off to folks, but after a while, I prefer my 360 and PS3 over it. I would have sold it, but it was hard to find one. Not anymore. I may sell it soon if I have seller's remorse and can find another fairly quickly.

Nintendo plans to fix this Wii game shortage and dust problem one shot with the latest upcoming title: 

Wii Dust.

And no, it doesn't anger me. It's a cool piece of plastic. It plays games. Some folks love it, some worship it, some think it's just meh.

It doesn't bother me at all. And to be honest, my Wii usually collects more dust than any other system (they all collect tons of dust and dog hair...it's quite absurd really, how much dust and dog hair gets scattered in my apartment). I still play it, but I play my 360 a lot more. It doesn't mean I don't have love for the Wii, we're still good friends. I just am better friends with my 360

In a word. No.