By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does it anger you when people say their Wii is collecting dust?

Some people may have different taste in games than you and possibly do not want to go back and play old games. To tell you the truth all things collect dust when sitting there for a while even if played. For instance I could say that my TV is sitting there collecting dust even though it is on for most parts of the day.

Get your Portable ID!

End of 2009 sales predictions:

PS3 - 33 Million     360 - 40 Million    Wii - 75 Million

Around the Network
Bobbuffalo said:
Bleah. You know that's a very childish and unreal statement from the bittered HD fans. I play with my wii every day and I don't buy 50 games a month. And besides, I bet you they only play like 1 or 2 games a month on their consoles too.

Better ignore such statements. Is nothing but fanboy fight that is not worth to listen.

Bob, I think some people just aren't into the Wii, as some aren't into the 360 and PS3. It's not trolling - the Wii is cool, but doesn't have the kind of games I like playing, nor does it have the visuals I desire as well.

Why should it anger anyone if a person doesn't play side console? It's a choice - they or their loved ones paid for it, and it's theirs to do whatever. Some of it is trolling, but some is just personal opinions.

Hmm doesn't it collect more dust the more you have it on? I mean the fans must get it's air from somewhere

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

No, I know the Wii is collecting dust and so is the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Everything collects dust.

It doesn't anger me, i just feel sorry for them...

I couldn't count the hours i've played, with so many games bought or rented... i only keep my favourite games, the ones i usually come back to, quite often or from time to time, depends what kind of game... i've played Wind Waker for the 4th time recently, by example... and Phantom Hourglass for the second time...

If i take only my ten most played Wii games: 242 stars in Galaxy, and some more for the fun - two times a 100% in such an awesome Corruption - two Twilight Princess for the price of one - a Fire Emblem finished without any dead character - an Okami played and enjoyed till the very last drop - RE4 once again, but felt like brand new - Mario Kart and the 3 stars challenge, and my kids who love it too - Brawl all alone, or with my little family as well - De Blob and all its groovy challenges - Wii Sports for some golf, bowling, tennis...

Do the math: that's just 10 games, i stop because the list is too long... the only dust i'm collecting is the one inside my Wii, and i have cleaned it recently, so my brave little console has once again a shinny lens workin' like a charm... and for many, many hours... :)

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Around the Network

My wii never collects dust

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

how about making a thread about ps360 collecting dust? i dont think it will bold well.

It annoys me cause I hate dirt and I get annoyed that people's houses are so dirty that dust is gathering on their electronics. CLEAN UP YOUR HOUSES PEOPLE. Or at least get the wife/girlfriend/mum/sister to do it.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

i waited in line for 7 hours to get a wii on release day.  I ended up a month later getting a 360 and never looked at the wii again.  Ended up selling it for what i paid for it. 

I've got a ton of the games listed in the OP. The biggest problem is that I've had many of them for over a year!! Give me something new!!! I may buy Punch Out and Wii Sports Resort, though.