By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo briefly speaks about E3 2009, reps imply it will be BIG!!

I want a new star fox games and a new f-zero games.

they dont make enough of these games.

Around the Network

The emphasis on E3 will be the DSi, not the wii.
Nintendo said that they will show software that will boost hardware.
Everyone here is talking about wii software, but personally I’m expecting some cool DSi only software.
That would be the smart thing to do from the standpoint of Nintendo.
They will also show some nice wii software of course, but it is the DSi that is in need of a push, not the wii.

As far as old franchises go

F-Zero
Star Fox
Wave Race
Kid Icarus
Donkey Kong

New franchises

Monolith/Matsuno RPG
New IP from Retro
New IP from NST

Last time we had a thread looking at Nintendo development teams and games currently being worked on there were alot of teams whose activities were unaccounted for. I really don't want to get my hopes up either, but all those development teams at Nintendo can't have ALL been doing nothing for the past two years, can they? Logic would dictate that there should be quite a few big announcements this year, so without setting my heart on anything specific, i am hopeful.

I actually thought that last years E3 was not bad at all, looking at what have been coming from ninty in recent weeks this years should be bigger, with many games announced but im not geting ridicilously hyped, im just waiting for it.

Around the Network

Sheesh... If there should be lots of reporters, it's meaning that there's lots of showcases at the same time in different places. Unless Nintendo has a dozen showcases in diffrent places of the expo, there will be lots of 3rd parties with Wii games to show.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

darthdevidem01 said:
Donkey Kong Country 4 FTW!

OMFG!! !

Donkey Kong Country 4 for Wii is confirmed!!

:P

Err....that's not how i got it when i read that interview.

She was basically gonna tell him to shut up because he kept asking if she could spoil anything about E3.

Dunno but the way i got it she basically told him "I would tell you to shut up but i hated that when i was a reporter so i'm just gonna tell you to wait until E3"

Funny thing, reading the full article (not just the GoNintendo snippet but the entire IGN rambling), Denise Kaigler (Nintendo of America’s vice president of corporate affairs) says the toughest task is to manage expectations.

Last year at E3, Nintendo came out and spoke to the general/popular press rather than the gaming press. It was grilled. But at least four games introduced there (Animal Crossing, Shaun White, Rayman TV Party, CoD:WaW) are million sellers -- three of which are third party offerings. So looking back, it does not look so bad.

Basically, I expect Nintendo to mix it up with some "casual" and "hardcore" offerings. Given the timing, I expect to see Zelda Wii announced for the holiday season. I expect a firm date on WM+ and Wii Sports Resort. I expect colors for the Wii -- or even a price cut.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Hmm... maybe I should go then, I've been debating it - would love to be there for some sweet nintendo announcements. I have a feeling they will try to shift the focus away from DSi/Downloadables to the Wii from GDC to E3 but its just a guess.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.