By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you happy with your Wii?

noname2200 said:
amp316 said:
noname2200 said:
dahuman said:
noname2200 said:
amp316 said:
I hate the Wii. It has taken away a substantial portion of my life that I can never get back.

For you, I prescribe a fire sale of all but one of your Wii games. Keep Boom Blox.

Or give it to one of us who can appreciate awesome when we play it.

I think he means that he loves it so much, that he spends too much time on it or something, I'm guessing anyways.

You're correct. And I'm trying to help him with that. If he gives away all of his games, and keeps only the one he (strangely) hates, he'll hate his Wii in no time, and have more free time.

Plus it frees up a copy of Puzzle Quest, which I can't find anywhere.

Really? I see Puzzle Quest at the Best Buy near where I live all of the time. 

I always shall keep my copy of Boom Blox and keep it in clear view so I remind myself never to be so foolish that I make a mistake as big as buying that game ever again.  I know that you can look into my game collection and find several games that are possibly worse than Boom Blox, but I already knew that those were going to be bad.  I was tricked into thinking that Boom Blox would be a good game.  I also don't think that it's strange that I hate that game.  You have played it.  Haven't you?  

Sorry amp, but it seems the "I hates Boom Blox" club is restricted to two spots, and both have already been filled.

And no, I can't find a single copy of Puzzle Quest around here. Not on the Wii, not on the DS. After the first month, it just up and vanished.

I don't understand what you mean about these two spots for Boom Blox hate.  You brought the game up.  Not me.

Puzzle Quest is a good game.  Puzzle games should be proud of it.  If you're slyly trying to imply that it is a better game than Boom Blox, than you're entitled to this belief.  It's called an opinion.  Tetris is better than both of them put together times ten.   

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:

I don't understand what you mean about these two spots for Boom Blox hate.  You brought the game up.  Not me.

Puzzle Quest is a good game.  Puzzle games should be proud of it.  If you're slyly trying to imply that it is a better game than Boom Blox, than you're entitled to this belief.  It's called an opinion.  Tetris is better than both of them put together times ten.   

Well this conversation took an unexpected turn. :-/ Well done: I am now thoroughly lost, and happy to change the subject.

dahuman said:
FKNetwork said:
dahuman said:
FKNetwork said:
Nope, hate it with a passion, worst out of the three current gen consoles (I own all three), if it wasn't for my girlfriend using wii fit it would have been gone ages ago,

Actually embarrassed to say I own one! most of my friends laugh when I say I own one so shows how childish people think they are (and they are true),

isn't england kinda anti wii in general though? or am i just insane? just don't buy the shovel wares and it's got just as many good games outside of the graphics department, then again i'm a pc gamer too so it's a pretty good balance i guess.

Naa, the UK love the Wii mainly, :)

then just tell your friends that you are a real gamer since you own all 3 while they are casuals =P

That is a good point!

noname2200 said:

And no, I can't find a single copy of Puzzle Quest around here. Not on the Wii, not on the DS. After the first month, it just up and vanished.

Sounds like what has happened with Zack and Wiki and No More Heroes where I live.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Yea, I enjoy it alot. Not as much as the DS, but I get alot of fun out of it.

Around the Network
FKNetwork said:
Nope, hate it with a passion, worst out of the three current gen consoles (I own all three), if it wasn't for my girlfriend using wii fit it would have been gone ages ago,

Actually embarrassed to say I own one! most of my friends laugh when I say I own one so shows how childish people think they are (and they are true),

Fixed for ya! I think you're friends still have quite a bit of growing to do.

Anyhow, like you, I didn't really like my Wii. It just wasn't the system for me that I thought it'd be. There were some great things about it that I liked though: VC is simply amazing, and I'd be significantly poorer than I am now if I still had my Wii (I'm especially dying to try Tactics Ogre); had many local multiplayer games; and of course, had Fire Emblem.

I just couldn't care for the motion controls. I thought I'd love it as I loved what Nintendo had done with the DS, but I just simply didn't 'get it'.

Not many regrets selling it. I would still love to play Muramasa, DQ X as well as some other games, but I should be fine with just borrowing one for a short while to play those. Depending on the amount of JRPG support coming in I may just buy a Wii again. I want to want to, I just need a few more pulls.

pearljammer said:
FKNetwork said:

Fixed for ya! I think you're friends still have quite a bit of growing to do.

Anyhow, like you, I didn't really like my Wii. It just wasn't the system for me that I thought it'd be. There were some great things about it that I liked though: VC is simply amazing, and I'd be significantly poorer than I am now if I still had my Wii (I'm especially dying to try Tactics Ogre); had many local multiplayer games; and of course, had Fire Emblem.

I just couldn't care for the motion controls. I thought I'd love it as I loved what Nintendo had done with the DS, but I just simply didn't 'get it'.

Not many regrets selling it. I would still love to play Muramasa, DQ X as well as some other games, but I should be fine with just borrowing one for a short while to play those. Depending on the amount of JRPG support coming in I may just buy a Wii again. I want to want to, I just need a few more pulls.

^This is how you make a proper displeasure post and not come off as bashing a console or company.  In all honesty that's how I feel towards the 360, I have everything but a 360, but I have plenty of friends, and plenty of friends with many of the new games so I go over to their homes and play on 360.  One of the beauties of this is that, I paid off RE5 on PS3, it got closer to pick it up, I didn't really want to buy it before I've beaten RE4, and tonight I just beat it co-op with a friend and no reason to buy it and I have 90 dollars in my pocket (I had the special edition reserved)

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Snake4eva said:

This is a follow up of my "Are you happy with your 360?" post. 360 fans seem to love there 360 even now almost 4 years later. So i'd just like to know if the Wii owners are happy with there console with the lack of hardcore games and it being criticized as kiddy's console. I just want to know if you guys still enjoy youre wii and are you glad you purchased it and do you have any regrets.

Absolutely not, but the few games i do own for the console are fantastic. Its just a shame that there are less than 10 exclusives on the Wii that are worth a damn.

Heres hoping 2009 will not suck like the latter half of 08.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

I LOVE MY WII!! ITS MY FAVORITE CONSOLE THAT I OWN, AND REALLY LOVE THE DIVERSITY IN GAMES ALSO