By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you happy with your Wii?

Roflinator said:
haxxiy said:
No. The graphics are underwhelming (they suck even compared to the GC) and the motion control is not as precise as I thought it would be. Maybe with m+ things will change.

But aren't the Wii graphics stronger than the Gamecube...?

I don't get it.

The Wii's graphics are stronger, but a lot of effort put in to developing 3rd software for the GC is weaker. Developers are much lazier and unenthusiastic when developing for the Wii compared to the HD competition.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

Well.. If I'm honest, I'm not really happy with the current situation of the Wii. But I know that there will be released thousands of great RPGs and new Nintendo games so I'm looking pretty optimistic into the future :]

Take a look at my photos on flickr

I am loving my Wii, but I am disappointed at how many games come out filled with bugs, framerate drops, and a general lack of polish elsewhere.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

radioioRobert said:
Roflinator said:
haxxiy said:
No. The graphics are underwhelming (they suck even compared to the GC) and the motion control is not as precise as I thought it would be. Maybe with m+ things will change.

But aren't the Wii graphics stronger than the Gamecube...?

I don't get it.

The Wii's graphics are stronger, but a lot of effort put in to developing 3rd software for the GC is weaker. Developers are much lazier and unenthusiastic when developing for the Wii compared to the HD competition.

Oh, that makes sense then.

On the bright side, we're starting to see some good 3rd party games coming up now.

sparkit34 said:
I am loving my Wii, but I am disappointed at how many games come out filled with bugs, framerate drops, and a general lack of polish elsewhere.

I've had much more framerate drops on the 360 than on the Wii. What games have you been playing?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
TWRoO said:
hsrob said:
burgerstein said:
Very pleased indeed. If only I could afford all the games I want.

This.

That.

Almost this and that. My version is :

Very pleased indeed. If only I had enough time to play all the games I want.

That was going to be my addition as well.  Sucks being a grown up with responsibilities.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

bardicverse said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
bardicverse said:
@OP - The Wii isn't referred to as a "kiddie" console. The term has changed to "Casualz" The "kiddie" naming died last gen. =)

Onto a proper response, I enjoy the "hardcore games", like Madword, RE4, REUC, HotD, COD5, MoH2, Bully, etc quite a bit, and do a bit of "casual" gaming, like Wii Fit and Wii Sports. My Wii gets a ton of use, and anything I miss that doesn't come to the Wii, I get for the PC. So yes, Im happy with my Wii and my choices overall this gen.

Oh no over the past week I've seen a resurgance of Wii being for kids, amazing stuff I say.

Sounds like they're grasping at straws to find something negative to say about the system. Its funny how silenced those voices have become, can't really hear them over the roar of the Wii buzz

It's been one thing after another to be honest, once one thing gets disproved another argument arises, like it started out Wii would never outsell 360 especially in America, that happened, then it was Wii didn't have any big titles and SMG got GoTY from many sites, then you get into the meta scores of the games are lower, etc until now you have the tired old Nintendo is for kids argument coming back (I guess people have run out of ideas)

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

couldnt ask for more really. i dont have as much free time as i did when i owned the gamecube so the ''lack of games'' doesnt really bother me. fire so now i realland okami been my games for 2009 so far. i bought HotD in february but havnt played it much yet. i loved the leveling in FE and the side quests in Okami (which is basically the legend of zelda and the celestial brush) so nowi really want an action RPG. bring on Kizuna/Valhallah knights

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

MaxwellGT2000 said:

Oh no over the past week I've seen a resurgance of Wii being for kids, amazing stuff I say.

"Casual" isn't working. "Kiddy" did. Is it so hard to see why you'd want to get back to what worked before?

VivaLaWiida said:
Well.. If I'm honest, I'm not really happy with the current situation of the Wii. But I know that there will be released thousands of great RPGs and new Nintendo games so I'm looking pretty optimistic into the future :]

There's one that came out last week in NA that you might be interested in...with a bit of homebrewing you, too, could be exploring the Frontier...

Yes, I most certainly am.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089