By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ps3 Re5 blew out 360 version in japan

11ht11 said:
wasn't this expected?

Yes, but I didn't expect the margin to be that high.

PS3 userbase is less than 3:1 over the 360.

The margin here is 5:1 in favor of PS3. That's pretty good.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Awesome opening for RE5. Definitely is blowing RE4 out of the water at this rate.

As for the skewing, I don't see how anyone predicted anything else. That 2 million+ lead on PS3 hardware *should* of helped it out, 'ya know. Only have to look at DMC4, SM5, and other big multi-plats to see this is pretty typical. At least the 360 has another 100k seller in Japan

Somewhat related, but I find so darn funny Resi 5 is another X360 game that won't beat Blue Dragon.

DMC, Tales, Star Ocean, Biohazard, Ace Combat, Dynasty Warriors, Gundam, Halo... That's a crapload of franchises beaten to the pulp by a game starring MARUMARO!

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Good start but it was expected.

Bitmap Frogs said:
mrstickball said:
Awesome opening for RE5. Definitely is blowing RE4 out of the water at this rate.

As for the skewing, I don't see how anyone predicted anything else. That 2 million+ lead on PS3 hardware *should* of helped it out, 'ya know. Only have to look at DMC4, SM5, and other big multi-plats to see this is pretty typical. At least the 360 has another 100k seller in Japan

Somewhat related, but I find so darn funny Resi 5 is another X360 game that won't beat Blue Dragon.

DMC, Tales, Star Ocean, Biohazard, Ace Combat, Dynasty Warriors, Gundam, Halo... That's a crapload of franchises beaten to the pulp by a game starring MARUMARO!

I think Star Ocean has a pretty good chance of passing it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

yeah thats a big gap already ps3 might be able to outsell the 360's 1st week WW wit a gap that big 270k already weres the 360 version gonna make that up?

go ps3

Play Me

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
star_city said:

Here are the preliminary software sales in Japan over the weekend:

1. Biohazard 5 [Resident Evil 5] (PS3, Capcom) - 350,000
  2. The 7th Dragon (NDS, Sega) - 120,000
  3. Shin Sangoku Musou: MultiRaid [Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce] (PSP, Koei) - 86,000
  4. Biohazard 5 [Resident Evil 5] (360, Capcom) - 74,000
  5. Ryuga Gotoku 3 [Yakuza 3] (PS3, Sega) - 61,000
  6. Mario & Luigi RPG 3!!! (NDS, Nintendo) - 41,000
  7. Super Robot Taisen Z Special Disc (PS2, Namco Bandai) - 33,000
  8. Aibou DS (NDS, Tecmo) - 23,000
  9. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G [PSP The Best] (PSP, Capcom) - 19,000
  10. Taiko no Tetsujin Wii (Wii, Namco Bandai) - 17,000

good great beginning....wowerz

discusss

I expected sales like this in Japan. Look at the installed base for christ sake. WW sales is what really matters.

This. No big deal. Considering the install base, those 360 numbers are actually impressive.

oh yeah and those that said the RE series is dead in Japan eat that over 400k first week

haters of RE5 go buy RE5 so u can enjoy a great game

They even had a demo if the game was as bad as the haters say than wats up wit those numbers RE5 FTW

Play Me

Awesom sales, wernt expecting the gap to be that big. PS3 should egde out Others too, then i expect 360 to outsell 3to2 in NA.

kowenicki said:
wow... thats really...er..... yeah.

i think this will be a tie globally.

the bolded

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

madskillz said:

This. No big deal. Considering the install base, those 360 numbers are actually impressive. 

outlawauron said:
11ht11 said:
wasn't this expected?

Yes, but I didn't expect the margin to be that high.

PS3 userbase is less than 3:1 over the 360.

The margin here is 5:1 in favor of PS3. That's pretty good.