By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ps3 Re5 blew out 360 version in japan

Tyrannical, the scant few owners that actually purchased NG2, right?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Japanese favor the Ps3 by millions. That's to be expected.

Tyrannical said:
Oh well, at least 70K JP get the version with the superior graphics.

MS really should be pimping those Eurogamer graphic analysis. The cheaper 360 almost always gets the superior graphics. Why pay more for a PS3 just to get the lesser version?

Holy Shit! The shadows man!!! The shadows!!! Now I can't play RE5 on my PS3 cause the shadows just don't do it for me!!!

Really man these graphics comparisons are really lame. I own a PS3 already and the shadow/water differences aren't gonna make me go out and buy a 360 just to play this game. Even if I did have both systems I would still get the PS3 version just because I can play RE 1-4 on my PS3(Which I'm doing right now) so I can catch up on my RE story. I also have RE0 for the Gamecube as well ;)

These arguments remind me of when I read GameInformer a few years ago and they compared a NHL game on both the PS2/GC/Xbox and the Xbox got a higher score on graphics cause the ice was more shiny LMAO! XD

Graphic Whores today are worse than they ever have been. But... but... the X system has more bore butterflies on screen then the Y systems. Who gives a crap.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

CGI-Quality said:
@ Nanaki

Even though I'm a graphics junkie myself, I agree with you man, those comparisons are pretty ridiculous.

Yeah I am a bit of a graphics whore myself but as long as the Zombies don't look like N64/PS1 zombies and jagies that could poke your eye out I will be happy. Both versions look great and we should all be happy that we get to play the game. Zombies n Guns = Pure Win!

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

mrstickball said:
Tyrannical, the scant few owners that actually purchased NG2, right?

Well,

DMC4 PS3: 1.32M

DMC4 360: 1.16M

NG:2 360: 1.02M

So I think DMC4 sales were impacted by NG:2. I probably would have bought DMC4 if it wasn't for NG:2.

That's why I don't think DMC4 is a good comparison for RE:5 sales.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Around the Network

"in Japan" pretty much makes this non-news.

outlawauron said:
11ht11 said:
wasn't this expected?

Yes, but I didn't expect the margin to be that high.

PS3 userbase is less than 3:1 over the 360.

The margin here is 5:1 in favor of PS3. That's pretty good.

Those diffrences in attach ratios pretty much confirm to me that a lot of X360 in japanise houses sits next to ps3 and were probably only bought to have cheap acess to those JRPG they have.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB