By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ps3 Re5 blew out 360 version in japan

EVERYONE ITS NOT REAL NUMBERS

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3104

They took the preview data from VGC...

Big deal about unofficial numbers.

Around the Network

where's numerox or whatever his name is? I'm surprised he isn't here defending the 360's sales

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

BHR-3 said:
oh yeah and those that said the RE series is dead in Japan eat that over 400k first week

haters of RE5 go buy RE5 so u can enjoy a great game

They even had a demo if the game was as bad as the haters say than wats up wit those numbers RE5 FTW

badgenome said:
BHR-3 said:
oh yeah and those that said the RE series is dead in Japan eat that over 400k first week

haters of RE5 go buy RE5 so u can enjoy a great game

They even had a demo if the game was as bad as the haters say than wats up wit those numbers RE5 FTW

ROTFLMBO!

mrstickball said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
outlawauron said:

I think Star Ocean has a pretty good chance of passing it.

It's gonna be tough... the game's gone from this week preview. 

SO4 passing Blue Dragon is beyond a lock. Famitsu's monthly charts, ending on 3/1/09 stated that Star Ocean 4 is a mere 7,000-8,000 units away from surpassing Blue Dragon at 203,000, and that was with only 2 weeks of data.

I'd say it's very likely it'll pass Blue Dragon this week, and not look back. It should pad the lead anywhere between 225,000-250,000 units, given how well Tales of Vesperia, and The Last Remnant have done since their launches (big debuts, horrible drops, and slow but sure legs afterwards in the vein of Blue Dragon).

Boo-yah, celebration time then.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

Jaaau! said:

Nice find, but if I understand correctly you post this to prove the ratio for RE5 sales PS3vs360 in Japan is "normal" or "expected"?

Yes, it's pretty much normal, or slightly in favor of the typical PS3/X360 ratio (which is around a 6.6/1 ratio). There are 3-4 ways you can look at the debuts of varous games. Some have done better (GTAIV), some have done much worse (Dynasty Warriors 6).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

whats with all the "how is this a surprise" posts? who the hell ever said it was? too many fanboys these days. cant everyone just talk about the sales instead of getting all hurt because of the thread title saying "blew out 360 version".

captain obvious says hello

darconi said:
EVERYONE ITS NOT REAL NUMBERS

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3104

They took the preview data from VGC...

Big deal about unofficial numbers.

those are official numbers.

Currently waiting on : killzone 2 and everything else after it..day one purchase baby

guess it's kind of expected. i knew it would sell better in japan. glad to see it sold well though