By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantsy XIII is still Sony's secret weapon.

CAL4M1TY said:
sabby_e17 said:
dont forget ff13 will be on multiple disks for the 360

I'm sure the people who played FF7, 8 and 9 won't forget how awesome those games where.

Yes, but if you had the option of 1 or 4 discs I know which one you would choose

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
CAL4M1TY said:
sabby_e17 said:

I'm sure the people who played FF7, 8 and 9 won't forget how awesome those games where.

Yes, but if you had the option of 1 or 4 discs I know which one you would choose

but not many people have that option do they

Munkeh111 said:
CAL4M1TY said:
sabby_e17 said:

But its soo insignificant that it cant even be mentioned as a negative.

Its like your neighbour having the exact same car as you except that your wheels are 1 inch shorter than theirs.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

CAL4M1TY said:
sabby_e17 said:

I hear great things about them. Sadly, when the disc swapping started, I collapsed from the physical exertion of having to move around so much and was never able to finish them.

sony has no "secret weapon". learn that now to avoid looking foolish in the future

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

One thing:

FF13 isn't in Japan first only because it's exclusive there. Even if it was PS3 exclusive WW, the game is developed IN JAPANESE, it needs a good six months to be translated and localised, ie all of the Japanese references taken out etc.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Soul_tech10 said:

When Final Fantasy XIII was first announced, it was being made exclusively fro the PS3, so we all thought that this is what Sony needs to end the console war.

At E3 2008, SE joined with Microsoft to bring Final Fantasy XIII to the Xbox 360 outside of Japan and Asia. But why not in Japan?...

Well:

If you look at the situation in Japan, the 360 is selling horribly despite the low price and the PS3 is about to strike 3mil, and now look at the situation outside of Japan, the 360 is outselling the PS3 and has been since september '08, and the userbase of the 360 is bigger thant that of the PS3 so we can see why SE made that decision: putting FFXIII on the 360 in japan will just loose them money but outside of Japan the could make millions.

Now another question: Why does Japan get it's realease of FFXIII before the rest of the world? This is because SE said that they won't start the 360 version until the PS3 version is completed and because there is no 360 version in Japan, they can realese it even tomorrow.

Now what does all of this mean? Because in Japan they can only get FFXIII on the PS3, they will obviously have to buy it on the PS3 so that goes in Sony's favour. Because outside of Japan the game gets released alongside the 360 version which means at least a year after the Japan release, I don't think the PS3 will cost the same, infact i belive that it will cost alot less by then, so more FFXIII buyers will be more willing to buy the game on PS3. This also goes into Sony's favour.

So it looks like the worst thing Microsoft could do to Sony has not yet been accomplished.

@ bolded That's not the reason, the reason is 'because Japan gets all FF games before the West does'

@ underlined - well your thinking is incorrect, FF games are always released late in the West, and yet are always full price

Whoops, misread the title.

Yup, Final Fantsy XIII is still Sony's secret weapon. Unfortunately, it doesn't exist

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Well... Japan will sell around 2mil+ copies im guessing and the console bump will be massive, probably keep it above the Wii for a month or two.
EU im guessing will be PS3 also, but with the major 360 advertising that happens in the UK it could make the numbers around even.
NA is a 360 no brainer, i expect it to outsell the PS3 version 2 to 1.

But all this is without taking into context the PS3 pricecut whats due...

scottie said:
Soul_tech10 said:

When Final Fantasy XIII was first announced, it was being made exclusively fro the PS3, so we all thought that this is what Sony needs to end the console war.

At E3 2008, SE joined with Microsoft to bring Final Fantasy XIII to the Xbox 360 outside of Japan and Asia. But why not in Japan?...

Well:

If you look at the situation in Japan, the 360 is selling horribly despite the low price and the PS3 is about to strike 3mil, and now look at the situation outside of Japan, the 360 is outselling the PS3 and has been since september '08, and the userbase of the 360 is bigger thant that of the PS3 so we can see why SE made that decision: putting FFXIII on the 360 in japan will just loose them money but outside of Japan the could make millions.

Now another question: Why does Japan get it's realease of FFXIII before the rest of the world? This is because SE said that they won't start the 360 version until the PS3 version is completed and because there is no 360 version in Japan, they can realese it even tomorrow.

Now what does all of this mean? Because in Japan they can only get FFXIII on the PS3, they will obviously have to buy it on the PS3 so that goes in Sony's favour. Because outside of Japan the game gets released alongside the 360 version which means at least a year after the Japan release, I don't think the PS3 will cost the same, infact i belive that it will cost alot less by then, so more FFXIII buyers will be more willing to buy the game on PS3. This also goes into Sony's favour.

So it looks like the worst thing Microsoft could do to Sony has not yet been accomplished.

@ bolded That's not the reason, the reason is 'because Japan gets all FF games before the West does'

@ underlined - well your thinking is incorrect, FF games are always released late in the West, and yet are always full price

I think he meant that the PS3 itself should have a price drop by the time FFXIII releases.