By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantsy XIII is still Sony's secret weapon.

When Final Fantasy XIII was first announced, it was being made exclusively fro the PS3, so we all thought that this is what Sony needs to end the console war.

At E3 2008, SE joined with Microsoft to bring Final Fantasy XIII to the Xbox 360 outside of Japan and Asia. But why not in Japan?...

Well:

If you look at the situation in Japan, the 360 is selling horribly despite the low price and the PS3 is about to strike 3mil, and now look at the situation outside of Japan, the 360 is outselling the PS3 and has been since september '08, and the userbase of the 360 is bigger thant that of the PS3 so we can see why SE made that decision: putting FFXIII on the 360 in japan will just loose them money but outside of Japan the could make millions.

Now another question: Why does Japan get it's realease of FFXIII before the rest of the world? This is because SE said that they won't start the 360 version until the PS3 version is completed and because there is no 360 version in Japan, they can realese it even tomorrow.

Now what does all of this mean? Because in Japan they can only get FFXIII on the PS3, they will obviously have to buy it on the PS3 so that goes in Sony's favour. Because outside of Japan the game gets released alongside the 360 version which means at least a year after the Japan release, I don't think the PS3 will cost the same, infact i belive that it will cost alot less by then, so more FFXIII buyers will be more willing to buy the game on PS3. This also goes into Sony's favour.

So it looks like the worst thing Microsoft could do to Sony has not yet been accomplished.

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

how is it a secret weapon when we knew about ff13 japan exclusivity for a long time?

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

u need to read the entire thread dude, i know we all knew about japan.

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

Soul_tech10 said:
u need to read the entire thread dude, i know we all knew about japan.

But I think you're the only one that thought it could end the console war even when it was exclusive.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Good point, we don't know direction the consumers will go for consoles when FF13 is finally released in NA and EU. Ps3 will most likely have a price cut by then. Not really news though or will make or break console war.

Around the Network

yeah its not secret its awesome weapon japanese sure love their JRPG.

this game will do 2.5-3 million in japan alone.

i read the whole post, it still does not explain why ff13 is a secret weapon, it is a weapon for sony in japan no doubts about it and it will sell loads of PS3's but we knew all that.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Sure.......I guess......

Hmmmm...That does make sense but im not convinced that FF13 wont be released on 360 in Japan, hell im not convined FF13 versus will still be exclusive...

Cougarman said:

i read the whole post, it still does not explain why ff13 is a secret weapon, it is a weapon for sony in japan no doubts about it and it will sell loads of PS3's but we knew all that.

Never mind, sony will a few things in advantage by the time when FFXIII realease in the rest of the world. Thats what it says, These advantages are, lower price and bigger userbase.

PS3 Trophies