By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resident Evil 5 First day: 4 to 1 in favour of PS3

madkiller said:
Euphoria14 said:
madkiller said:
Draven26 said:
madkiller said:
Too bad it will lose WW to Xbox though, plus the game sucks...

You can't say a game sucks if you have never played it, demo is not the game.  Don't make assumptions you don't have enough knowledge to make

Sure I can, the demo shows off the most important part of a game, the controls, and they SUCK...

Your game collection sucks.

Where is Diablo II?

At the store, cuz I hate Diablo...point and click movement not in an rts = retarded.

Your comment makes me sad.

You have Neverwinter Nights though. Isn't that point and click?

Either way, nice collection.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Damn...where are those people that wanted to bet with me?

About RE5 selling 1 million first week...and about PS360 outselling gamecube and ps2 sales within 1 year.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1822172

Draven26 said:
madkiller said:
Draven26 said:
madkiller said:

You can't say a game sucks if you have never played it, demo is not the game.  Don't make assumptions you don't have enough knowledge to make

Sure I can, the demo shows off the most important part of a game, the controls, and they SUCK...

What exactly did you expect?  It's like RE4, why would they change that?  do you see Call of Duty changing their control scheme from CoD 4 to WaW?

Never said I liked RE4 all that much either. And they are not exactly the same, they seem slower and less responsive, especially since I played the Wii version of RE4. The pinnacle of Resident Evil was part 2 with each successive game getting worse...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

De85 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
bugrimmar said:
the ratio of people who bought RE5:

7.5% of PS3 owners

5.5% of 360 owners

i was expecting the ratio to favor the 360 since the install base is lower and are prone to buying more software..

just goes to show you 360 owners also own aps3 and buy multi plats for the ps3. just more statistics to prove i wasnt wrong no matter who want to try to 'own' me

The data at hand in no way supports that conclusion, you just pulled that out of your ass.  All this sales data tells us is that there are more RE fans in Japan who own Playstations than who own Xboxes.  Big surprise.

+1 for this.  Not sure how you came to this conclusion from these numbers...

Anyways, as most others are saying, these numbers are pretty much to be expected for Japan ratio wise.  Great sales overall so far.

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX360

Euphoria14 said:
madkiller said:
Euphoria14 said:
madkiller said:
Draven26 said:
madkiller said:

Your game collection sucks.

Where is Diablo II?

At the store, cuz I hate Diablo...point and click movement not in an rts = retarded.

Yes it is and I don't really like it either, I bought the diamond version for 20 bucks just to try it out, have not played it since the first couple of days of owning it.

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

Around the Network
madkiller said:
Draven26 said:
madkiller said:
Draven26 said:
madkiller said:

What exactly did you expect?  It's like RE4, why would they change that?  do you see Call of Duty changing their control scheme from CoD 4 to WaW?

Never said I liked RE4 all that much either. And they are not exactly the same, they seem slower and less responsive, especially since I played the Wii version of RE4. The pinnacle of Resident Evil was part 2 with each successive game getting worse...

That I can agree with, RE2 is the best

madkiller said:
Euphoria14 said:

Yes it is and I don't really like it either, I bought the diamond version for 20 bucks just to try it out, have not played it since the first couple of days of owning it.

Makes sense.

If I hated a game that much I would at least give it a proper cremation.

I am going off-topic though so i'll stop here.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Not surprising...
I expect PS3 to also win Others and 360 to win NA, bringing out even numbers for both consoles around 1.2/1.3 mil each.

Wyku said:
De85 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
bugrimmar said:
the ratio of people who bought RE5:

7.5% of PS3 owners

5.5% of 360 owners

i was expecting the ratio to favor the 360 since the install base is lower and are prone to buying more software..

just goes to show you 360 owners also own aps3 and buy multi plats for the ps3. just more statistics to prove i wasnt wrong no matter who want to try to 'own' me

The data at hand in no way supports that conclusion, you just pulled that out of your ass.  All this sales data tells us is that there are more RE fans in Japan who own Playstations than who own Xboxes.  Big surprise.

+1 for this.  Not sure how you came to this conclusion from these numbers...

Anyways, as most others are saying, these numbers are pretty much to be expected for Japan ratio wise.  Great sales overall so far.

i know its a bitter pill to swallow but multiplat attach rates favoring the ps3(which mathematically speaking should favor the 360 since its easier to get a higher percentage on smaller numbers) (SEE CHRIS I DO HAVE BASIC MATH SKILLS! and no you still dont have an arguement) and 360 exclusive attach rates being higher than ps3 multiplat attach rate prove.

SHOCKING!

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press