By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resident Evil 5 First day: 4 to 1 in favour of PS3

Great sales for a great game. Go Capcom!

Around the Network

great numbers¡¡¡¡ for ps3 and 360. wow ps3 is on fire right now in japan¡¡¡. i cant imagine how the sales of the ps3 are going to be when the FF13 demo bundle arrives. is going to be crazy¡¡¡.

this game will sell more on ps3 in japan, but WW the xbox version willwin

expected

WOWWWWWWW,, those are the best 2 consecutive weeks for the PS3 in Japan,,
Week one: Yakuza 3 first week 370,000
Week 2: Yakuza 3 second week (it should be in the 50,000) + Resident evil 5 (first day 220,000 first day + about 120,000 for the week)

Nice

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Around the Network

go ps3

yeah many though that RE5 would do bad in Jap go to see people are still into the game

Play Me

gebx said:
Max King of the Wild said:
bugrimmar said:
the ratio of people who bought RE5:

7.5% of PS3 owners

5.5% of 360 owners

i was expecting the ratio to favor the 360 since the install base is lower and are prone to buying more software..

just goes to show you 360 owners also own aps3 and buy multi plats for the ps3. just more statistics to prove i wasnt wrong no matter who want to try to 'own' me

+1

I wouldn't be surprised to find out Japanese players only use the 360 for the JRPG's and the PS3 for everything else

PES 2009 sales, Gundam Musou 2 Japanese sales prove that statement correct... pretty much.

Demo was shite IMO gun controls sucked so will not be getting it.

hayeya_k said:
WOWWWWWWW,, those are the best 2 consecutive weeks for the PS3 in Japan,,
Week one: Yakuza 3 first week 370,000
Week 2: Yakuza 3 second week (it should be in the 50,000) + Resident evil 5 (first day 220,000 first day + about 120,000 for the week)

Nice

id be surprised if ps3 version does more than 80k

if the ps3 had a price cut now the sales would explode! all these damn games and price cut! man i wonder..