By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resident Evil 5 First day: 4 to 1 in favour of PS3

i like how the writer says "i guess xbox 360 isn't doing that bad in japan after all" lol whatever.....anyways xbox is going to destroy the ps3 in americas, the gap won't be there long. europe could go either way, but ps3 might nudge it out but not by much

Around the Network

Nope im talking about the AU advert for RE5.

Oh!

Nevermind then. I'll see if I can find that one.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

SpartanFX said:

Resident Evil Japan's first day sales:

PS3:222000

X360:56000

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/formats/xbox360/the-playstation-3-best-selling-hardware-in-japan-last-week-$1275160.htm

what do you think?

P.S.RE5 on PS3 alone already outsold the debut of RE4 first week in one day.

That's in Japan only. That's obviously going to happen as Japan is Nintendo and Sony country. lol!! Let's wait for the U.S. and European sales and see what happens.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Xen said:
KichiVerde said:
The sales numbers simply reflect the ratio between the number of PSE and 360 owners

Nope.

PS3 is 360 userbase by 3:1 (a little less)

RE5 PS3 is RE5 360 by 4:1 (also a little less)

There are more RE fans on the PS, I guess. Hopefully that'll be the case for other areas as well. RE5 PS3 ftw.

also thes are 1st day. 360 was on sale longer and should have less legs throgh the weekend id be surprised if the gap is 5.1 first week

Around the Network

fabulous sales for both RE5's

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

bugrimmar said:
the ratio of people who bought RE5:

7.5% of PS3 owners

5.5% of 360 owners

i was expecting the ratio to favor the 360 since the install base is lower and are prone to buying more software..

just goes to show you 360 owners also own aps3 and buy multi plats for the ps3. just more statistics to prove i wasnt wrong no matter who want to try to 'own' me

so no matter how bad ps3 sells in the west u can be sure that RE6 will be multi ;)

Great first sales in Japan! Although I do think that the 360 will get the most sales in North America and Others

the game is bundled - so it would be interesting to see how many of these "sold" are console sales.