By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resident Evil 5 First day: 4 to 1 in favour of PS3

I think that right about now, hatmoza is eating his hat...moza.

Around the Network

That friend invite was an accident!

The sales numbers simply reflect the ratio between the number of PSE and 360 owners

KichiVerde said:
The sales numbers simply reflect the ratio between the number of PSE and 360 owners

Nope.

PS3 is 360 userbase by 3:1 (a little less)

RE5 PS3 is RE5 360 by 4:1 (also a little less)

There are more RE fans on the PS, I guess. Hopefully that'll be the case for other areas as well. RE5 PS3 ftw.

KichiVerde said:

Not quite. PS3 sales outnumber 360 sales 3 to 1. RE5 sales on PS3 outperformed 360 RE5 sales 4 to 1 (supposedly). There's a difference there. The numbers suggest your statement isn't correct.

Around the Network
Xen said:
KichiVerde said:

Nope.

PS3 is 360 userbase by 3:1 (a little less)

RE5 PS3 is RE5 360 by 4:1 (also a little less)

There are more RE fans on the PS, I guess. Hopefully that'll be the case for other areas as well. RE5 PS3 ftw.

Okay. You have proved me wrong. I was just expecting this so it doesnt suprise me. Anyhow this game is a winner for the HD consoles. It should help expand the market which is good for gamers like myself who are living in Japan.

KichiVerde said:

Since when has PS3 sales been 4:1 in Japan against the 360?

Either way this is good. I am pretty sure the Source said something like 250k PS3 and 45k 360 for the week. (Or was it first day?)

360 version is doing pretty impressive.

How many PS2 owners were there when RE4 launched? For a system with a much smaller userbase I would say passing the previous sales is a pretty big feat.

Goes to show that overall userbase size isn't always the deciding factor on whether or not not something can sell better than the other.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
KichiVerde said:

How many PS2 owners were there when RE4 launched? For a system with a much smaller userbase I would say passing the previous sales is a pretty big feat.

Notice that small userbases always buy lots of software.. ;)

the ratio of people who bought RE5:

7.5% of PS3 owners

5.5% of 360 owners

i was expecting the ratio to favor the 360 since the install base is lower and are prone to buying more software..

Xen said:
Euphoria14 said:
KichiVerde said:

Notice that small userbases always buy lots of software.. ;)

I can't help but be impressed with both versions here. Both are most likely going to pass The Source's prediction from the other day. 360 version of course.

Gotta give props to CGI, right off the bat he said he thought both versions would actually sell better than what The Source said. He put the 360 version at least 75k. He may end up being right there or somewhere close. PS3 version will most likely pass his 250k prediction, but still, pretty good call on the 360 version.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!