By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo BIG title for Chritsmas 2009? Which one will it be?

We arent gonna know it until Q3, considering their new announcement policy. I think this announcement policy is slowly killing the Wii sales in Japan, because people arent anticipating anything and shift attention to other consoles. We have the top 15 most wanted titles for Japan, and it's been ages since there's a Nintendo game there. And there's only 1 Wii game, MH3 .
Not indicative of sales, but showing that Japanese arent anticipating anything Wii related

Around the Network

Probably in E3

TheSource said:

I'm not sure Wii Sports Resort will actually make it in the first half of 2009 in the west. Could see it in Japan, but not in the USA and it wouldn't surprise me if they waited in Europe too.

So it probably can still be a holiday title.

Otherwise, it probably will be two to three of the following five in the west:

Zelda Wii

Wii Play 2

Mario Party

Pikmin

New IP (Cosmic Walker?)

I'm hesitant to believe this, if only because we already have so many confirmed motion plus games with release windows locked in. There could be a total delay of all those titles, but i don't see it happening. Nintendo will have hell to pay if the 3rd parties have to push all their titles back, or cut out motion plus support. Nintendo's in somewhat of a bind in this case

I would go with Pikmin 3 and the Retro Studios project, myself. Possibly the Factor 5 games, if F5 still exists.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I'm gonna go on record and say Pikmin 3 will be their big Holiday title.

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85

I do not believe in a new Zelda or Mario in 2009. Usually Nintendo announced such a huge game more than a year in advance to its release. I´d think about Wii play 2, Wii fit 2, Kid Icarus, Mario Party, Pikmin 3 (which has already been announced), a new Donkey Kong or a new franchise. I expect a new F-Zero or Pilotwings as well, but they´re no major holiday titles for me as F Zero sales on the N64 and GC were not that huge.

edit: After last year´s "flop" Wii music they´ll probably think carefully about what they´ll release as major holiday title.

Around the Network

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - For sure
Pikmin 3 - Possibly
Zelda - Maybe
Mario - Maybe
Pokemon - Maybe
StarFox - Not sure
F- Zero - Not sure
Kirby - Not Sure
Kid Icarus - Not likely
Donkey Kong - Not likely

Kirby Wii
Pikmin 3
Mario Party 9

Zelda.

Yes, I also think Pikmin 3 and Kirby, not so sure about Mario Party 9 because Wii already have Mario&Sonic for the holidays.
I never played Pikmin, is Pikmin 3 a real BIG chritsmas title? I definately think Animal Crossing and Wii Music weren't .....

Zelda. I fully expect them to have other titles, too. I also think Pikmin 3 will be out, and possibly(more like hopefully) a Star Fox or a F-Zero sometime during summer, fall or winter. Nevertheless, we're sure to be able to make a more educated guess once E3 comes around.