By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Future Xbox 360 Exclusives Will Surpass Killzone 2 [Graphically]

Why is M$ congradulating the Competition, by doing this they are letting Sony acknowledge that yet they have created another master piece!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network
Bullet100000 said:
Why is M$ congradulating the Competition, by doing this they are letting Sony acknowledge that yet they have created another master piece!!!!

lol probably because although they know KZ2 looks good, they also know that everyone else knows that HALO 3 still holds the console FPS sales crown?

money talks etc...

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Ail said:

All this MSFT announcement does is acknowledge that KZ2 graphics are better than anything currently out on the Xbox360..
If I was the Microsoft guy I would have kept my mouth shut..

You fail to understand he's also saying the 360 is capable of more than Killzone 2.

Fuck the graphics, it's the gameplay i'm worried about. Microsoft is in the business with computer games so they wont allow themselves to lose a graphics war.

Squilliam said:
FinalEvangelion said:
Squilliam said:
I personally don't care about graphics, Nintendo is the better model to follow so I want at least 3 10M+ games by the end of the generation please! Sony can have the graphics trophies, so long as Microsoft gets the sales awards and babes.

TBH, unless I'm directly profiting from the good sales, I prefer things like graphics and gameplay as only a gamer.  As long as sales are "good enough," which unfortunately did not happen to Tales of Vesperia and Valkyria Chronicles, than I'm fine.

On topic:  I will take the "seeing is believing" stance.  Actions speak louder than words.  It's good to see that Sony is keeping MS on their toes.  The competition benefits the gamer, although it doesn't benefit the company or fanboy.

Im not an elitist. In many ways I like games which reach a large number of people and entertain them rather than some niche wet dream. Its all about numbers, its a good feeling knowing how much enjoyment games like Halo 3 have given the world.

I hate it when you do this! I have no idea if you're joking or being serious. Okay, I'll prepare for both.

1) Rofl.

2) Rofl.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

So, in other words MicroSoft is saying:
Although the XBox360 is 1,5 years longer out then the PS3 and is "much easier to develop for", we still haven't reach our max and there is still much more untapped power in the box, just wait and see... just give us some time to figure out how to get that power ... stay tuned ... play KZ2 in the meanwhile .. errhhh wait .. arrrgh

:D

Willem said:
Although the XBox360 is 1,5 years longer out then the PS3 and is "much easier to develop for", we still haven't reach our max and there is still much more untapped power in the box, just wait and see... just give us some time to figure out how to get that power ... stay tuned ... play KZ2 in the meanwhile .. errhhh wait .. arrrgh

^ Absolutely this! ^

Spedfrom said:
Willem said:

^ Absolutely this! ^

you get a fund raiser

Of course the 360 can do better than KZ2. Anyone who thinks either PS3 or 360 is anywhere near maxed out is living in fanboy world. KZ2 will be surpassed graphically by some margin on both 360 and PS3. Gears 2 had the crown for awhile, then KZ2 and I expect graphically 3 or 4 games this year will destroy KZ2 graphically. Apart from animation and effects the rest was pretty standard (at least that what Ive seen from the first 5 levels.)

360 and PS3 are basically the same graphics capability. Only fanboys thinks one looks better than the other.

WereKitten said:
Actually, I would like to see console games go in different directions, technically and graphically. Great facial animations for example (HL2 is still unsurpassed after all these years). And I loved the Alan Wake tech demo with the huge landscape and time acceleration.
You won't be able to pit those features against KZ2 directly, because they are just different beasts, but it would be great to see them.

Completely true and a testament to the genius and superior skills of Valve as a game developer. Crysis, for all its fancy visual output (still a shit game though) has terrible facial animations. HL2 still reigns supreme, the textures in HL2 are incredible as well, far better than Oblivion and other contemporaries and even most new games. Astonishing, to say the least.