By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Future Xbox 360 Exclusives Will Surpass Killzone 2 [Graphically]

Well, if they use same design principals as with thief 3 & deus ex 2 they would be able to make better looking games(few steps = loading zone). Other than that I am not sure, but I would guess that maybe. You know, Killzone 2 only uses 4 SPU:s and thats not much.

Around the Network
Deneidez said:
Well, if they use same design principals as with thief 3 & deus ex 2 they would be able to make better looking games(few steps = loading zone). Other than that I am not sure, but I would guess that maybe. You know, Killzone 2 only uses 4 SPU:s and thats not much.

FYI It was debunked.

Really this is silly, we need to wait for the cool presentations at GDC!

Tease.

Squilliam said:
I personally don't care about graphics, Nintendo is the better model to follow so I want at least 3 10M+ games by the end of the generation please! Sony can have the graphics trophies, so long as Microsoft gets the sales awards and babes.

I will take the graphics... not like you will smell any of their money, awards or babes   

Squilliam said:
Deneidez said:

FYI It was debunked.

Really this is silly, we need to wait for the cool presentations at GDC!

Uhm, ok. How about, Killzone 2 uses only 60% of SPU:s power topmost and thats not much? (Better? :) )

http://www.n4g.com/News-241466.aspx

Squilliam said:
I personally don't care about graphics, Nintendo is the better model to follow so I want at least 3 10M+ games by the end of the generation please! Sony can have the graphics trophies, so long as Microsoft gets the sales awards and babes.

TBH, unless I'm directly profiting from the good sales, I prefer things like graphics and gameplay as only a gamer.  As long as sales are "good enough," which unfortunately did not happen to Tales of Vesperia and Valkyria Chronicles, than I'm fine.

On topic:  I will take the "seeing is believing" stance.  Actions speak louder than words.  It's good to see that Sony is keeping MS on their toes.  The competition benefits the gamer, although it doesn't benefit the company or fanboy.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
numonex said:
wholikeswood said:
numonex said:

The next Call of Duty game: Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 will definitely blow Killzone 2 out of the water in regards to graphics.

Mind if I hold you to this?

Maybe a slight exaggeration on my behalf but the next Call of Duty game released 7 to 8  months after Killzone 2 will have the graphical edge over Killzone 2 in the graphics department. Games keep on improving in graphics over time.

Tautological, much?

And it's hugely unlikely COD6 will even be Killzone 2's equal in graphics, let alone superior. Inhouse exclusive with a huge budget to spunk and a long timeframe to work with vs. a multiplat...

nojustno said:

why's that?

Their console is still superior in terms of profitability. They're probably laughing their asses off because of all the mistakes Sony have made, instead of crying.

Last time they published some numbers, revenue and profits of the E&D division were declining, despite the growth of consoles sold. So I don't think they're that superior in terms of profitability.
If you have some reliable sources to proof otherwise I would like to ask you to share them with us.

Actually Kill zone 2 loss all Unreal Engine games in term of graphic. I don't know why they waste time to make FPS game. Come on make casual game for attract casual gamer that will help sales.

Actually, I would like to see console games go in different directions, technically and graphically. Great facial animations for example (HL2 is still unsurpassed after all these years). And I loved the Alan Wake tech demo with the huge landscape and time acceleration.
You won't be able to pit those features against KZ2 directly, because they are just different beasts, but it would be great to see them.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Ummm...duh...

I would hope in the three years left this gen that Microsoft would be able to make a better looking game than Killzone 2. Hell, Uncharted 2 looks better already!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective