By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Future Xbox 360 Exclusives Will Surpass Killzone 2 [Graphically]

Umm.. we still have a few more years in this gen so I would expect as much... Same goes for PS3....

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
numonex said:

The next Call of Duty game: Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 will definitely blow Killzone 2 out of the water in regards to graphics.

Mind if I hold you to this?

wholikeswood said:
numonex said:

The next Call of Duty game: Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 will definitely blow Killzone 2 out of the water in regards to graphics.

Maybe a slight exaggeration on my behalf but the next Call of Duty game released 7 to 8  months after Killzone 2 will have the graphical edge over Killzone 2 in the graphics department. Games keep on improving in graphics over time.

Infinity Ward is a pretty bright bunch of devs. CoD6 will certainly be improved over CoD4, although I dunno by how much.

CoD6 is hurt by the fact that its not an exclusive, however. I think any dev who favors the 360 in cross-platform development is going to find that, in the end, they are unable to outperform the games that do embrace parallel processing, on either platform. By focusing on the PS3 first, you're forced to think in terms of parallel, asynchronous threads, and you're going to unlock the most power in both architectures.

Devs have gotten away, on the 360 especially, with "use 1 core most of the time, or 3/6 when its absolutely necessary" for too long.  You'd be shocked to know how many, and which, games have only utilized the PPU, or just one core on the Xenon.

Only way COD looks as good as KZ is if they drop the Frames Per second down. COD is a solid 60 FPS, KZ isnt even close

Around the Network
CaptDS9E said:
Only way COD looks as good as KZ is if they drop the Frames Per second down. COD is a solid 60 FPS, KZ isnt even close

Heck yeah.  You should see Quake 2 on my GeForce 9600 GT.  Blows CoD4 outta the water, and Killzone 2 as well.  Its like playing on butter... or is it like looking through butter, after its been like.. smeared on my eyes? ...hmm not sure.  

Definately some butter in there.

numonex said:
wholikeswood said:
numonex said:

Maybe a slight exaggeration on my behalf but the next Call of Duty game released 7 to 8  months after Killzone 2 will have the graphical edge over Killzone 2 in the graphics department. Games keep on improving in graphics over time.

I don't think a multiplat will get to that level of visuals any time soon. The only way I see it with CoD 6 is if the PC version steps it up a notch.

Lets Get Ready To Rumble!!!!

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

keep drinking the cool aid ms.

the 360 just got Killzoned and Microsoft is scared.

360 RIP 2009