By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Future Xbox 360 Exclusives Will Surpass Killzone 2 [Graphically]

Deneidez said:
Squilliam said:
Deneidez said:
Well, if they use same design principals as with thief 3 & deus ex 2 they would be able to make better looking games(few steps = loading zone). Other than that I am not sure, but I would guess that maybe. You know, Killzone 2 only uses 4 SPU:s and thats not much.

FYI It was debunked.

Really this is silly, we need to wait for the cool presentations at GDC!

Uhm, ok. How about, Killzone 2 uses only 60% of SPU:s power topmost and thats not much? (Better? :) )

http://www.n4g.com/News-241466.aspx

Actually its 60-100%.

Otherwise why wouldn't they have implemented features such as Co-op?

Tease.

Around the Network

All this MSFT announcement does is acknowledge that KZ2 graphics are better than anything currently out on the Xbox360..
If I was the Microsoft guy I would have kept my mouth shut..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

FinalEvangelion said:
Squilliam said:
I personally don't care about graphics, Nintendo is the better model to follow so I want at least 3 10M+ games by the end of the generation please! Sony can have the graphics trophies, so long as Microsoft gets the sales awards and babes.

TBH, unless I'm directly profiting from the good sales, I prefer things like graphics and gameplay as only a gamer.  As long as sales are "good enough," which unfortunately did not happen to Tales of Vesperia and Valkyria Chronicles, than I'm fine.

On topic:  I will take the "seeing is believing" stance.  Actions speak louder than words.  It's good to see that Sony is keeping MS on their toes.  The competition benefits the gamer, although it doesn't benefit the company or fanboy.

Im not an elitist. In many ways I like games which reach a large number of people and entertain them rather than some niche wet dream. Its all about numbers, its a good feeling knowing how much enjoyment games like Halo 3 have given the world.

Tease.

Squilliam said:

Actually its 60-100%.

CPU isn't the only bottleneck. What about memory, or concurrent access to streaming data if aggressive memory reclaiming is done.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Squilliam said:
Deneidez said:

Uhm, ok. How about, Killzone 2 uses only 60% of SPU:s power topmost and thats not much? (Better? :) )

http://www.n4g.com/News-241466.aspx

Actually its 60-100%.

Uhm, getting up to 100% would bring some very unpleasant problems especially on heterogeneous platform. That said, I doubt there will be any games that will use 100%. Co-op? Uhm... Maybe they just didn't want to or have time to make it in this iteration? 60% SPUs power = prolly less than what X360 can do. (Even better? :) )

Around the Network

I think the main problem Microsoft has trying to match a major budget title like Killzone 2 is Disk size. While Sony can pour money in and develop more and more art assets, MS has to repeat textures, and figure out how to save space. Disk size almost certainly limits the length of the game (if its striving to be graphically impressive), and the amount of unique art assets that can be used in the game. Kind of makes sense why the devs would try to compensate by adding modes like split screen and co op instead. If MS has a game that can match Killzone2 graphically, how long is the game, how often are textures repeated, and how many disks is it on? I really doubt it will match up to killzone2 in all these respects.

If the OP is true: Why are people still arguing that Gears look better than K2 when M$ themselves more or less admits it doesn't?

Why is it whenever a 360 fanboy is in an argument on any topic (and not doing very well) they bring up sales?

Why haven't we seen better than K2 graphics from 360 when the console has over a year head start and is far easier to program?

I think the very fact that MS are releasing statements like this means that it is unlikely that they will graphically surpass KZ2. Here is hoping I'm wrong, i think its important for gamers that both companies keep pushing each other and they can both keep up

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Wake me up when they get to the gfx of Uncharted and MGS4, then I'll believe it. KZ2 will prolly be there Max in 3 yrs time.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Pristine20 said:
The graphics wars again LMAO. These guys really take these things seriously.

To truly enjoy console graphic wars you must be PC fanboy. Then you can observe it from proper perspective and have a truly amazing fun doing it :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB