By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ogre Battle on NA VC TODAY!!

BWUH!

Huh. I've got it on PS1. But this is still so tempting.

Ogre Battle is like... Two of a kind.

Outside of Ogre battle and Ogre Battle March of the black queen you won't see a game like it.

Closest i've played is Soul Nomad and the World Devourers.

Around the Network
GooseGaws said:
Let's just say that while there are some games that exaggerate when they advertise up to 100 hours of gameplay, Ogre Battle is not one of them. There are multiple endings and endless ways to tweak up your army... if you really get into the gameplay, this title can keep you occupied for a VERY long time.

I'll say.  If you like it you can play it many many times over.

There are at least 3 main endings.  Probably more... then a bunch of tweaks to endings.

Khuutra said:
GooseGaws said:
Khuutra said:
Seriously this is a good day. If this game does well (doubtful, but one can hope) then we might see Person of Lordly Caliber down the road, or... dare I hope for Tactics Ogre!?

I think Person of Lordly Caliber has a good chance; Tactics Ogre is probably impossible, though.  But one can dream, good sir, one can dream...

Well, the English translation already exists, doesn't it? I wonder how much work it would be for Square to crack open the SNES code and shoehorn the PS1 version's translation into there...

Couldn't be too hard.  I mean emulators can do that stuff.

Ahh good memories of playing the import verison.

Is really that good?

LOL !
I think this was this game that hooked me up on SRPG.
This game was so amazing, I still have the cartridge for PAL SNES somewhere. The game was even released in PAL but only in English IIRC.
Amazing game. Every SRPG fan should have played this game at least once.

Around the Network
MANUELF said:
Is really that good?

It really depends on how you like the gamplay.

But i'd say so.  It's really deep.

Also it's fairly unique.

I mean there are only 2 games in its genre if you ask me.

It and it's 64 counterpart.

I mean.  Soul Nomad comes close.  Mixing instead of RTS, Disgaea gameplay.  But it lacks the class upgrades and alignment system.

If anyone cares to disagree though.  Please correct me so i can add some games to my list.

Wow, I think I may have my first VC purchase.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

hmm... may have to try this, sounds interesting, almost sounding a more interesting and interactive version of my like as a king and a rpg version of little kings story roled up in one in a way. (oh god, have i summoned the dreaded noname!?!?)

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

MANUELF said:
Is really that good?

Yes. Yes it is. And at $8, it may well be one of the wisest purchases you've ever made. There are few games that are this good, and since we evidently don't get N64 games anymore you'll probably not have a chance to get the sequel, so...get this. You won't be sorry.

vonboy said:
hmm... may have to try this, sounds interesting, almost sounding a more interesting and interactive version of my like as a king and a rpg version of little kings story roled up in one in a way. (oh god, have i summoned the dreaded noname!?!?)

"Dreaded"?

I mean, I know I'm a prick and all, but...

And it's actually different from those titles. It's tough to describe, but think of it as being an RTS where the battles are all RPG-style. You're essentially forming parties of up to 5 people (with a ton of room for diversity and experimentation), and then using them to defeat waves of enemy parties. The battles themselves are mostly hands-off: your party members act in accordance with the general directions you've given them, but you never tell Character A to attack Enemy B using Attack C. You can, however, tell them to retreat, or use Tarot cards as a kind of spell.

It's got good characters and a good story, but both of those are nearly optional: you can skip nearly all the bonus characters (and WILL miss most of them the first time through) and not pay any attention to the story, and still have a complete blast.

There are too many things about this game to go into all the details and reasons you should get this, but I really, REALLY recommend that you do.

PAL release please!
VC is awesomeness. It alone warrants a Wii purchase imo.

Wishlist: Lufia 1+2, Breath of Fire
And the never released in the West: Tales of Phantasia, Shin Megami Tensei 1+2, Star Ocean