By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ogre Battle on NA VC TODAY!!

Khuutra said:
ARE YOU LYING TO ME

GOOSE GAWS I SWEAR TO GOD

IT'S THE TRUTH I SWEAR DOOD

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

BOUGHT IT

YAAAAAAAY

Khuutra said:
BOUGHT IT

YAAAAAAAY

HUZZAH

Hates Nomura.

Seriously this is a good day. If this game does well (doubtful, but one can hope) then we might see Person of Lordly Caliber down the road, or... dare I hope for Tactics Ogre!?

Khuutra said:
Seriously this is a good day. If this game does well (doubtful, but one can hope) then we might see Person of Lordly Caliber down the road, or... dare I hope for Tactics Ogre!?

I think Person of Lordly Caliber has a good chance; Tactics Ogre is probably impossible, though.  But one can dream, good sir, one can dream...

Hates Nomura.

Around the Network
GooseGaws said:
Khuutra said:

I think Person of Lordly Caliber has a good chance; Tactics Ogre is probably impossible, though.  But one can dream, good sir, one can dream...

Well, the English translation already exists, doesn't it? I wonder how much work it would be for Square to crack open the SNES code and shoehorn the PS1 version's translation into there...

Khuutra said:
GooseGaws said:
Khuutra said:

Well, the English translation already exists, doesn't it? I wonder how much work it would be for Square to crack open the SNES code and shoehorn the PS1 version's translation into there...

Well, considering the "no translation" import titles released thus far, it seems highly unlikely.  Personally, having already completed Tactics Ogre on PS1, I'd much rather see a translated Seiken Densetsu 3, which is even MORE unlikely.  :)

Hates Nomura.

GooseGaws said:
Khuutra said:
GooseGaws said:

Well, considering the "no translation" import titles released thus far, it seems highly unlikely.  Personally, having already completed Tactics Ogre on PS1, I'd much rather see a translated Seiken Densetsu 3, which is even MORE unlikely.  :)

Lucky man.

March of the Black Queen on Virtual Console? Sweetness! If I didn't already own one of those extremely rare SNES cartridges, I would snap this up in a heartbeat. Note to anyone reading this: buy this game immediately, if you are any kind of Strategy RPG gamer. The reputation system is extremely deep, you have a ton of control over the composition of your army, and the gameplay doesn't resemble anything on the market right now. For $8, this is an incredible steal.

Ah, so many hours spent with this game back in the day... I can't remember which run was my favorite, the "Evil" run where I bottomed out the reputation meter and had an army full of werewolves and undead, or my personal creation of the "Girl Power!" variant: only female characters allowed! (Amazons, valkyries, witches, clerics, mermaids, faeries, and angels... with a female Lord character too, naturally!)

I didn't like any of the other Ogre Battle games nearly as much. The tile-based system of Tactics Ogre/Knight of Lodis didn't grab me the same way, and Person of Lordly Calibre was just too slooooooow moving. Yes, I'm sure others will disagree with that.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Woohoo!

Oh wait... my Wii is PAL...

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."