By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ogre Battle on NA VC TODAY!!

Khuutra said:
ameratsu said:
BengaBenga said:
PAL release please!
VC is awesomeness. It alone warrants a Wii purchase imo.

Wishlist: Lufia 1+2, Breath of Fire
And the never released in the West: Tales of Phantasia, Shin Megami Tensei 1+2, Star Ocean

emulation is better. that said, rare games appearing on services like this is great for all of those who never had a chance to play it.

VC is emulation.

Okay, but I meant PC emulation, and i'm pretty sure you knew that's what I meant. It is more flexible, feature-rich, and some emulators allow online play in two player games. Nothing like playing 2p Super Mario Brothers 3 with someone who lives on the other side of the country.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

The_vagabond7 said:
Here is a rundown of how the game works. If you're interested at all in this game read this, if you're not you'll be interested after you read this.

You create multiple "units" before battle. Each unit can consist of 5 characters, or less if you use "large" monster characters that count as two people (so you could have two octopus characters and a knight for instance). Each character is widely customizable. Their are a ton of classes, weapons, armor, ect for characters to use.

You can "capture" or "liberate" towns (more on that in a sec) and use them as bases, units heal automatically when inside a friendly town and can get stat bonuses (if I remember correctly). They also tend to have shops for buying equipment, and places to recruit new characters, and also lots of story elements hidden within. Depending on your units alignment and the alignment of the town you will either "capture" it or "liberate" it. A "good' unit with capture a wicked town but liberate a righteous town. Capturing towns lowers the alignment of your overall army/nation, where as liberating towns raises your alignment which gives different endings, different storyline branches entirely and the ability to get different story characters and hidden characters.

You can flank or come up behind an enemy too in order to mess up the arrangement of their characters.

Great summary! Just a few corrections: the stuff I left in your original post are applicable to 64, but not to MotBQ. Towns don't have morale here, so liberating them with a high-charisma unit will (almost) always raise your rep, and vice-versa. So make sure the townsfolk never see you using liches and werewolves to liberate them!

I don't believe this version lets you equip armor et. al. on characters, just weapons. The 64 version offered the other stuff you mentioned.

You cannot be flanked in this version: no matter what angle you're approached from, you'll fight face to face.

Also, I'd add that deploying units costs money this time, and that you have to pay upkeep for your army for every day it's deployed. But you also get daily tribute from liberated towns. Collect too much tribute, though, lowers your rep.

thanks for the corrections. I was afraid I was blending some of 64 with MOTBQ, but I wasn't sure which parts. Brilliant game even without some of the features I mentioned!

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

noname2200 said:

The_vagabond7 said:
Here is a rundown of how the game works. If you're interested at all in this game read this, if you're not you'll be interested after you read this.

You create multiple "units" before battle. Each unit can consist of 5 characters, or less if you use "large" monster characters that count as two people (so you could have two octopus characters and a knight for instance). Each character is widely customizable. Their are a ton of classes, weapons, armor, ect for characters to use.

You can "capture" or "liberate" towns (more on that in a sec) and use them as bases, units heal automatically when inside a friendly town and can get stat bonuses (if I remember correctly). They also tend to have shops for buying equipment, and places to recruit new characters, and also lots of story elements hidden within. Depending on your units alignment and the alignment of the town you will either "capture" it or "liberate" it. A "good' unit with capture a wicked town but liberate a righteous town. Capturing towns lowers the alignment of your overall army/nation, where as liberating towns raises your alignment which gives different endings, different storyline branches entirely and the ability to get different story characters and hidden characters.

You can flank or come up behind an enemy too in order to mess up the arrangement of their characters.

Great summary! Just a few corrections: the stuff I left in your original post are applicable to 64, but not to MotBQ. Towns don't have morale here, so liberating them with a high-charisma unit will (almost) always raise your rep, and vice-versa. So make sure the townsfolk never see you using liches and werewolves to liberate them!

I don't believe this version lets you equip armor et. al. on characters, just weapons. The 64 version offered the other stuff you mentioned.

You cannot be flanked in this version: no matter what angle you're approached from, you'll fight face to face.

Also, I'd add that deploying units costs money this time, and that you have to pay upkeep for your army for every day it's deployed. But you also get daily tribute from liberated towns. Collect too much tribute, though, lowers your rep.

It does let you equip armor.

It just limits you to one item per char.

Weapons seemingly being the most useful since it's hard to tell what hte amror does half the time.

andre0704 said:
Reading everyone's excitement I was going to download it right away but I just realized it's the same game I have for the Playstation1 and haven't played(not because I don't like it because I have a back catalog of over 90 games almost all rpgs) I guess this game is moving up my list.

If the load times in that are anything like they were in Tactics Ogre on the PS1 I'd just get the VC version. You'll be able to play it twice as fast, letting you play more games. Just saying since they were both SNES games, and I had TO on the PS1 and the load times were unbelievable.

What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

ameratsu said:
Khuutra said:
ameratsu said:
BengaBenga said:
PAL release please!
VC is awesomeness. It alone warrants a Wii purchase imo.

Wishlist: Lufia 1+2, Breath of Fire
And the never released in the West: Tales of Phantasia, Shin Megami Tensei 1+2, Star Ocean

emulation is better. that said, rare games appearing on services like this is great for all of those who never had a chance to play it.

VC is emulation.

Okay, but I meant PC emulation, and i'm pretty sure you knew that's what I meant. It is more flexible, feature-rich, and some emulators allow online play in two player games. Nothing like playing 2p Super Mario Brothers 3 with someone who lives on the other side of the country.

I'd say there is, and that's playing with someone sitting right next to you. I would argue that the VC is better than emulation on the PC because it gives us legal channels through which to buy these games, and perfect (or in a couple of unfortunate cases, better-than-perfect) emulation of the hardware.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

It does let you equip armor.

It just limits you to one item per char.

Weapons seemingly being the most useful since it's hard to tell what hte amror does half the time.

My corrections stand corrected. It's clearly been too long, so into the pile this game goes (yet again!).

Khuutra said:

I'd say there is, and that's playing with someone sitting right next to you. I would argue that the VC is better than emulation on the PC because it gives us legal channels through which to buy these games, and perfect (or in a couple of unfortunate cases, better-than-perfect) emulation of the hardware.

I'd also add that, if an obscure game sells well enough, it can evidently lead to a sequel.

This's really good news indeed ,i still miss the time i play this game long time ago in JP version.(don't understand story at all ,but still enjoy this game sooo much.)

Can't w8 to get this game! :D

I"m so excited ogrebattle 64 is still my favorite game of all time. I have over 5 run throughs of that game. Good chaos frame and bad chaos frame as well as every single charcter.

Now I got the rom of this one but the rom sucked compared to the real version. I'm so glad I got this i'm going to purchase it and gift it to my friend also.

EVERYONE SUPPORT THIS SO WE CAN GET OGREBATTLE 64 ON VC (I DONT WANT TO PAY 35$ ON EBAY FOR IT)

shakarak said:
I"m so excited ogrebattle 64 is still my favorite game of all time. I have over 5 run throughs of that game. Good chaos frame and bad chaos frame as well as every single charcter.

Now I got the rom of this one but the rom sucked compared to the real version. I'm so glad I got this i'm going to purchase it and gift it to my friend also.

EVERYONE SUPPORT THIS SO WE CAN GET OGREBATTLE 64 ON VC (I DONT WANT TO PAY 35$ ON EBAY FOR IT)

You say $35 as though it's a bad deal.  I paid $100 for that game when it was brand new...

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

GooseGaws said:
shakarak said:

You say $35 as though it's a bad deal.  I paid $100 for that game when it was brand new...

N64 games were highway robbery.

Except for that one.