By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ogre Battle on NA VC TODAY!!

AWEEESSSSOOOMMMEEEE

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

What type of game is that? RPG? RTS?

Soriku said:
Really? I've wanted to play that :3

Well then, you should do so!  It's one of the rarest SNES games of all time, so it's great to finally have it readily (and cheaply) available!

Hates Nomura.

Whats ogre battle?

Gamerace said:

It's SRPG.

Hates Nomura.

Around the Network

I'm suprised mrstickball hasn't posted here yet considering his love for this game is the indirect cause of him liking The Last Remnant.

Carl2291 said:
Whats ogre battle?

From Wikipedia:

Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen (伝説のオウガバトル Densetsu no Ōga Batoru, "Legendary Ogre Battle") is a strategy video game for Nintendo's Super Nintendo Entertainment System, directed by Yasumi Matsuno with artwork by Akihiko Yoshida. It is the first installment of an episodic series (although it is supposed to be the fifth episode, the previous episodes have not yet been produced), and was originally developed by Quest for the Super Famicom system (and subsequently Sega Saturn in 1996 with vocal acting) in Japan.

Ogre Battle mixes movement elements of a real time strategy game with the character development and combat of a role playing game. The game consists of a series of battles where you deploy units to fight against enemies and liberate occupied towns and temples. Each stage has a boss whose defeat signals the end of the stage. Both during and after the stage, towns and temples can be visited to gain information or items. The game also features an alignment system, both for the revolution as a whole (reputation) and for individual characters (alignment and charisma). These parameters are influenced by how the game is played.

Hates Nomura.

Just looked it up...
Music seems awesom
Gameplay dont look too bad either.
Looks like a good buy

GooseGaws said:
Gamerace said:

It's SRPG.

Ah, my favorite. Thanks!

I've beaten the snot out of that game, it was the sole reason I liked Act Raiser, if they brought Terranigma as well, I could have a reason to go into VC again.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D