By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Wars gets 6.5/10 from Gamespot!!

And this was the game everyone said was going to sell more than Killzone 2? Maybe not...I cant judge yet though Killzone 2 has'nt been "officially" reviewed...but as of now this game has no chance...then again Gamespot is known to be seriously picky with games....

Around the Network
JoHnNyFr3sC0 said:
And this was the game everyone said was going to sell more than Killzone 2? Maybe not...I cant judge yet though Killzone 2 has'nt been "officially" reviewed...but as of now this game has no chance...then again Gamespot is known to be seriously picky with games....

Why not ?

It has Halo in the name.

It is a good game.

Just because Killzone 2 is better doesn't mean it will have more sales.

Oh and the Halo Wars demo was already downloaded over 2 million times in the first week !

madskillz said:
Wookaroo said:
I didn't think the game would do so well. I'm actually surprised! If it grabs great sales, perhaps we'll see developers bring over more RTS goodness that actually works.

Even though I'm not into Halo, I really want to see for myself how the controls handle.

If you have a 360, download the demo. Read this thread - http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=59463 and a vast majority of posters enjoyed the game. It's not for everyone but still, most liked it.

The only real negative comments are coming from folks who haven't played the demo, who want the game to fail, or folks who are diehard PC types and wouldn't get it a fighting chance to start off with.

So, nobody genuinely disliked the game?

I'll admit, I tried the demo at a friend's house and enjoyed it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
madskillz said:
Wookaroo said:
I didn't think the game would do so well. I'm actually surprised! If it grabs great sales, perhaps we'll see developers bring over more RTS goodness that actually works.

Even though I'm not into Halo, I really want to see for myself how the controls handle.

If you have a 360, download the demo. Read this thread - http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=59463 and a vast majority of posters enjoyed the game. It's not for everyone but still, most liked it.

The only real negative comments are coming from folks who haven't played the demo, who want the game to fail, or folks who are diehard PC types and wouldn't get it a fighting chance to start off with.

Well from my experience about 80%-85% of the people who played the demo liked it. (I've read about 400 comments on various websites)

That doesn't proof anything of course.

Yeah the Demo was downloaded 2 million times because the game was HUGELY hyped and obviously it didnt live up to the hype...I doubt it will sell more than Killzone 2...now whats left to see is if Killzone 2 lives up to it's HUGE hype...

Around the Network
JoHnNyFr3sC0 said:
Yeah the Demo was downloaded 2 million times because the game was HUGELY hyped and obviously it didnt live up to the hype...I doubt it will sell more than Killzone 2...now whats left to see is if Killzone 2 lives up to it's HUGE hype...

If you mean with "HUGELY", by some internet geeks, then I'll agree with you. (seriously the hype was quite low before the release of the demo. Now it's much stronger, but that's because the demo was very good)

Well. Killzone 2 has a 9.1 based on 36 reviews. so...it WILL live up to the hype. Enough of that.

rts on a console simply does not work, atleast not for me. It does not deserve a 6.5 either. It may have good graphics but i would give it a 3 maybe 4/10. Yes i do have the game.

2 reasons for 360 sales.

Cheap arcade version, wich the mom buys for the kids.

And microsoft's wallet.

kramikosi said:

Well. Killzone 2 has a 9.1 based on 36 reviews. so...it WILL live up to the hype. Enough of that.

rts on a console simply does not work, atleast not for me. It does not deserve a 6.5 either. It may have good graphics but i would give it a 3 maybe 4/10. Yes i do have the game.

Having framrate drops below 30fps and no co-op is not living up to the hype, sorry.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

JoHnNyFr3sC0 said:

Lol. If this game was hugely hyped, then by comparison $ony must have spent more adverting this game then making it.

Tbh, I haven't heard anywhere near the amount of hype for Halo Wars as most hyped games. If Killzone 2 doesn't outsell this I will be extremely surprised.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Kantor said:
madskillz said:
Wookaroo said:

That thread - and this one - http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=58727 - most posters enjoyed it. No one has to lie about it. Most folks knew it was an RTS, weren't hyped about it and played it - and fell for it. I was one of them. Folks are saying this and that about KillZone 2, based off the demo, and reviews. It's a FPS, which are huge sellers on both consoles vs. RTS game, which are lucky to clear 600K. This game, to sell a million, will be awesome for an RTS. It's a different standard, and wants to chart into virgin territory for console RTS games.

At least Halo Wars tries to bring casuals and non-RTS gamers into the RTS fold. KillZone 2 really brings nothing new to the table. And while you'll see a lot of folks who loved the demo, you will also see a lot of folks colored skeptical, or who weren't impressed with the Killzone 2 demo.