By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Wars gets 6.5/10 from Gamespot!!

Sadly I did'nt get to play the Demo for Killzone :( and RTS on consoles is not for me rather keep that on the computer...they should have done a simultaneaus release on both platforms

Around the Network

SHOCK!

A console RTS game is mediocre

SHOCK!

scottie said:
SHOCK!

A console RTS game is mediocre

SHOCK!

According to metacritic, it is as mediocre as one of the games you are always playing.

Riot Of The Blood said:
kramikosi said:

Well. Killzone 2 has a 9.1 based on 36 reviews. so...it WILL live up to the hype. Enough of that.

rts on a console simply does not work, atleast not for me. It does not deserve a 6.5 either. It may have good graphics but i would give it a 3 maybe 4/10. Yes i do have the game.

Having framrate drops below 30fps and no co-op is not living up to the hype, sorry.

L-O-L Riot.That was sad.

What's with this milking of halo? Doesn't another one come out this year too.
That will be 5 halo games in 7.5 years. If it was nintendo it would be call milking & rehashing but I guess MS & Rockstar get a pass on that accusation.

Around the Network
SUPABRETT said:
What's with this milking of halo? Doesn't another one come out this year too.
That will be 5 halo games in 7.5 years. If it was nintendo it would be call milking & rehashing but I guess MS & Rockstar get a pass on that accusation.

4 games in 7 years and a couple months. 4 games and an expansion in 8 years.

@ ESA - Clearly you misunderstood what I wrote, I am sorry. I was not referring to the arbitrary number stuck on the bottom of the review. I was referring to the content of the review. Comments such as
Small unit counts and map limit the scale of battles
it feels simplistic and short alongside other games in the genre.
there's not enough depth to win over hardcore strategy buffs.
The controls function adequately, but you're quite limited as to what you can actually do with them
you can't assign units to custom groups. (wasn't this a feature in Warcraft I?)
The camera can also be frustrating
One of the best things about Halo Wars is controlling the iconic units from the series.
the enemy--at least on the default difficulty setting--isn't too smart.

Didn't read 2nd page of the review.

This is not me wanting Halo Wars to be bad out of fanboyism. It quite simply is not a very good RTS, I'm sorry.

@ JaggedSac - 5 in 8 years is milking a franchise, certainly more than Ninty milks anything.

5 games in 8 years for Halo
7 games in 22 years for Zelda
7 in approx 22 years for Mario
The only Ninty franchise that can compete with Halo in terms of exploitation is the Wii series I suppose

scottie said:
@ ESA - Clearly you misunderstood what I wrote, I am sorry. I was not referring to the arbitrary number stuck on the bottom of the review. I was referring to the content of the review. Comments such as
Small unit counts and map limit the scale of battles
it feels simplistic and short alongside other games in the genre.
there's not enough depth to win over hardcore strategy buffs.
The controls function adequately, but you're quite limited as to what you can actually do with them
you can't assign units to custom groups. (wasn't this a feature in Warcraft I?)
The camera can also be frustrating
One of the best things about Halo Wars is controlling the iconic units from the series.
the enemy--at least on the default difficulty setting--isn't too smart.

Didn't read 2nd page of the review.

This is not me wanting Halo Wars to be bad out of fanboyism. It quite simply is not a very good RTS, I'm sorry.

@ JaggedSac - 5 in 8 years is milking a franchise, certainly more than Ninty milks anything.

5 games in 8 years for Halo
7 games in 22 years for Zelda
70 in approx 22 years for Mario
The only Ninty franchise that can compete with Halo in terms of exploitation is the Wii series I suppose

i assume you meant that?? which is probably less than the actual amount anyways...

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I see no reason why having a mario platformer franchise and a mario racer and a mario soccer etc franchise is so hard to comprehend.

If MS actually release Halo Wars 2, and put effort into it to turn it into a good franchise then I shall accept that. Currently it's just the fries to Halo's burger

scottie said:
I see no reason why having a mario platformer franchise and a mario racer and a mario soccer etc franchise is so hard to comprehend.

If MS actually release Halo Wars 2, and put effort into it to turn it into a good franchise then I shall accept that. Currently it's just the fries to Halo's burger

you know mario has been in over 200 games?  i wasnt even counting those things lol.   but to suggest those "series" arent exploiting mario, ...well you would have to be delusional to actually believe that.

and whats your excuse for knocking off Zelda games?  hurts your trolling i guess.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur