By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Wars gets 6.5/10 from Gamespot!!

guess halo is dead.

hello how are you.

Around the Network

^^
Don't say it too early, Ballmer is still in time to target them with his dreadful "FOD's" (Flying Chairs of Death) until they raise the score

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Capulous said:
vlad321 said:

I love how you aren't even trying to focus on the problems of the game. The game is simple, VERY simple, as was pointed out there are features which is lacking that even Warcraft I had more than a decade ago. Overall it's a VERY mediocre RTS game, if not outright plain bad.

Edit: Also which one of hi Fav games does alal this apply to? Please don't say starcraft because then all your validity from thatpoint on would be 0.

I don't believe the problem of the game is because it is considered to be very simple.  I believe it is more on the lines of how it doesn't have all the options that is available on a PC RTS.  That is the problem right there.  Many are trying to judge it based on something that it never was intended to be.  This is a console RTS, not a PC RTS.  Some of the strategy changes, and not everyone adapts to change well.

I enjoyed the demo, and I have played many PC RTS games from Starcraft, Warcraft I-III, C&C, etc.  Have you played Halo wars yourself?  If so, that's fine, no one game is going to appeal to everyone.  If not, maybe you should give it a try before making such claims.

From the pure gameplay perspective:

Just not deep enough it felt too simple and the controls were too limiting. Like for example, I like to have most of my keys bound to a group or building for nice quick way to do things. More micro, if you will.

From the overall perspective:

I doubt this will launch with a ridiculously amazing Editor, a la SC/WC3, and WC3 got close to a 90, without the editor I feel like it would have been a lot less good.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

that won't stop people from getting it anywayz xD

Fanboys will buy it regardless though I really enjoyed the demo. Let's hope the expansion pack adds a Covenant and Flood campaign.

Around the Network
Badassbab said:
Fanboys Fans will buy it regardless though I really enjoyed the demo. Let's hope the expansion pack adds a Covenant and Flood campaign.

Better

Ouch.

Still a decent meta score though.

i've not had a chance to play the demo, but everyone i've talked to said it sucked pretty bad

i always thought it was a bad idea for a console anyway

Really low score, but I liked the demo so I'll still get this game.

Sledge said:

i've not had a chance to play the demo, but everyone i've talked to said it sucked pretty bad

i always thought it was a bad idea for a console anyway

I haven't read anything negative so far, so this is a first for me...

I don't trust Gamespot since they fired Gerstamn... but still 6.5 is way too low.

I don't know who that jerk is, except that he comes from Gamespot UK (I didn't know it had US and UK....) and that this idiot is comparing it, point per point, with a PC RTS.... not even sure that guy ever played on the 360...

When I check the video review... it doesn't says some very negative comments... so why 6. 5 ?

Anyway, if other reviews keep coming with the same score, I will start to think about it... (Could it be the REAL reason why Ensemble studio was shut down ??? Cause they wrecked the Halo license ?)

... I was so right when I stopped my subscription to GS... those guys are trying to make som money, not fair reviews...

Gamespy gave 4,5/5 btw... http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/halo-wars/955656p1.html

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.