By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Wars gets 6.5/10 from Gamespot!!

The game has done what 83% on metacritic but Gamespot is nearly 20% away from the average. Is anyone actually shocked? Gamespot will get a lot of publicity by giving a Halo game a 6.5 score, lots of people will look to them to see why it deserves that score. But as always with Gamespot they don't make any sense with their reviews. Lets look at the negatives they gave. You can't play as the flood, oh can you play as the flood in the Halo games then? ......
Small Map limiting the scale of battles. Hang on a second but can't you have up to 50 units on screen at the sametime?..... Few Multi-player options, ah so now were marking down games that have few multi-player options right?......
The thing with Gamespot is they say one thing that annoys them with games then they forget those things in the next game, the reviews are un-consistent and meaningless. But most people don't take Gamespot seriously anyway. Guess Ensemble didn't give Gamespot the cash they needed for this one :)

Around the Network

Speaking of standard deviation, if the average is 83%, a perfect 10 or 100% is as far from average as a 6.6 or 66%, so 6.5 is really very little more out of the norm compared to totally ass-lickers reviewers.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Speaking of standard deviation, if the average is 83%, a perfect 10 or 100% is as far from average as a 6.6 or 66%, so 6.5 is really very little more out of the norm compared to totally ass-lickers reviewers.

Is this a response to one of my posts in this thread ?

If yes, I've only fought stupidity with stupidity there.

Huh? Jumpy? I was answering to Hyruken...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Huh? Jumpy? I was answering to Hyruken...

Well okay then. Just thought because it had some similarities with my post.....: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1810786

Around the Network

Wow seems like a lot of Halo haters are having a field day with Gamespot's review.

Personally I think Gamespots reason for the score was utter fanboydom crap. It's like a Lord of the Rings fan giving the thumps down to the movies cause Tom Bombadil and Glorfindel were omitted.

I can see Halo Wars bringing many none RTS fans into giving it a go. I remember the days when elitist PC nerds said console FPS wouldn't work cause of the controls. I find Halo Wars very easy to control just like I find console FPS easy to control. Just cause it doesn't have the precision and easy of use of the mouse doesn't mean it control's bad. It's great to see Ensemble design a quality RTS with a console it mind and it shows.

Maybe Gamespot should've got a console gaming journalist (who doesn't dig keyboard and mouse including RTS games) to review it. I really think Ensemble & Microsoft want to reach out to a wider audeince as well as the Halo fans.

Badassbab said:
Wow seems like a lot of Halo haters are having a field day with Gamespot's review.

Personally I think Gamespots reason for the score was utter fanboydom crap. It's like a Lord of the Rings fan giving the thumps down to the movies cause Tom Bombadil and Glorfindel were omitted.

I can see Halo Wars bringing many none RTS fans into giving it a go. I remember the days when elitist PC nerds said console FPS wouldn't work cause of the controls. I find Halo Wars very easy to control just like I find console FPS easy to control. Just cause it doesn't have the precision and easy of use of the mouse doesn't mean it control's bad. It's great to see Ensemble design a quality RTS with a console it mind and it shows.

Maybe Gamespot should've got a console gaming journalist (who doesn't dig keyboard and mouse including RTS games) to review it. I really think Ensemble & Microsoft want to reach out to a wider audeince as well as the Halo fans.

LOL.  I absolutely hate it when people bring up Tom Bombadil and the LOTR movies.  The first movie was great.  The second is pretty much rubbish, and the third one is decent.  They weren't bad because of deviations from the book, but because of pitiful dialog and pacing.

JaggedSac said:
Badassbab said:

LOL.  I absolutely hate it when people bring up Tom Bombadil and the LOTR movies.  The first movie was great.  The second is pretty much rubbish, and the third one is decent.  They weren't bad because of deviations from the book, but because of pitiful dialog and pacing.

But the 2nd was my favourite and the 1st was my least favourite (I dare to say worst) *quickly hides under a rock*

Just checked out Gamespots 'Luke Anserson' reviews and I have to say he's pretty harsh with the review scores though he seems to love Burnout and is still playing Assasins Creed. Plus he prefers Singstar Abba to Halo Wars.

Strange how they gave a high profile release to be reviewed by a noob. Though to be fair he has reviewed GT 5 Prologue.

http://uk.gamespot.com/users/rambo_ando/contributions?mode=reviews&tag=all-about;header;more

On a different note, I liked all three LOTR movies. Two had awkward pacing but the book didn't help. But the battle of Hornburg was awesome. I loved the first ones sense of adventure and I loved the last one epic battle's and sense of desperation with one of the saddest ending's since Terminator 2!

Why does everybody include Yoshi Island as a mario game. It's a Yoshi game.
Mario 64 is the 5th game.