By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - resident evil 5 ps3 vs. 360 comparison. 360 WINS!!!

Gh0st4lifE said:
it's 2009 and despite a 5 gig install the PS3 still suffers from the inferior version syndrome

I'm sorry but that's really not what a high end console is supposed to offer. Blu-ray was a huuuuuuge mistake.

I would wait for the final version before making such claims. It might also not have anything to do with Blu-Ray (except for the install part). Maybe the 360 version uses more than 256 MB for graphical memory which you can't do on the PS3 AFAIK.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

The game has bad controls that upset alot of people so how good it looks doesn't help gameplay. I got a feeling this game won't reach the 5-6 million target.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Is that demo version that they are comparing or full retail version.

NJ5 said:
Gh0st4lifE said:
it's 2009 and despite a 5 gig install the PS3 still suffers from the inferior version syndrome

I'm sorry but that's really not what a high end console is supposed to offer. Blu-ray was a huuuuuuge mistake.

I would wait for the final version before making such claims. It might also not have anything to do with Blu-Ray (except for the install part). Maybe the 360 version uses more than 256 MB for graphical memory which you can't do on the PS3 AFAIK.

Well, for the most part, yes, the PS3 suffers from less graphic memory and RAM, but it does have a faster "Cell" processor. But I do think the isntall times dont actually benefit the PS3, it just reduces loading times due to the slow blu-ray reading times since its only 2X for the PS3's blu-ray vs 12X for the 360's DVD. So yea, big difference. The PS3 does look like it has better lighting effects (ss of guy holding microphone has light reflecting over glasses), but 360 has better textures due to more grphics memory.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

The_vagabond7 said:
Wait..what's your name again?

his name is VGC noob

Around the Network

Oh your back from you trolling ban already?

Anyways the only way the 360 version wins is no mandatory install which isn't even that big of a deal. I thought graphics didn't matter, isn't that what all the Wii fanboys are saying?

GranTurismoHelperMax said:
NJ5 said:
Gh0st4lifE said:

Well, for the most part, yes, the PS3 suffers from less graphic memory and RAM, but it does have a faster "Cell" processor. But I do think the isntall times dont actually benefit the PS3, it just reduces loading times due to the slow blu-ray reading times since its only 2X for the PS3's blu-ray vs 12X for the 360's DVD. So yea, big difference. The PS3 does look like it has better lighting effects (ss of guy holding microphone has light reflecting over glasses), but 360 has better textures due to more grphics memory.

I don't blame the blu-ray for technical reasons alone but mainly because of costs. Although the loading times are already a burden of their own, its' the bottleneck that really worries me. Getting the Cell to exhibit some power despite the GPU takes a lot of programming hence a lot of money. Had Sony planed a DVD based console they could have added a much needed better GPU, period.

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)

The differences are negligible and people who only have a PS3 shouldn't feel slighted.

I was kind of disappointed in the Demo, the game looked great, but the gameplay seemed a little off. I was a huge fan of RE4, but this left me underwhelmed in some respects.

However, I'm still going to buy this game because of the Offline/Online Co-Op which will be a ton of fun. I'll probably get it for PS3 because most of my friends who are gonna get RE5 have a PS3.

go 360!

coolestguyever said:
Oh your back from you trolling ban already?

Anyways the only way the 360 version wins is no mandatory install which isn't even that big of a deal. I thought graphics didn't matter, isn't that what all the Wii fanboys are saying?

you mean xbot right?