By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - resident evil 5 ps3 vs. 360 comparison. 360 WINS!!!

chris1_16 said:

Holy Crap!!!! let's crap our pants because the 360 version of a multi-plat game was said to look slightly better than the other version. wow

By the way, for other multi-plat games that were said to look better on ps3, how did you react?

It has become a tradition in this generation to compare PS3 and 360 graphics, you just can't stop it. We might as well have some fun nitpicking the differences (although on this game they seem to be bigger than usual if it's true that the PS3 version won't have self-shadowing and the 360 version does).

One of the important points is to show that raw power is less important than ease of development.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

unfortunately the gameplay is terrible

so the case of grfx is really not important as the controls are so bad

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Minuscule difference, The fact that you need side by side comparison proves this.

Bullshit, they both look about the same.

There's some minor differences (some sharper places on 360, darker spots on PS3) but I can't really say one looks better than the other, especially in motion.

Worthless thread.

funny how ithe demo looks a lot sharper on my ps3. Might be my tv setting but hey it deffo does not look that blurry on my setup

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
Wait..what's your name again?

It does make it hard to respect the thread doesn't it?  I'll wait for the final product for a decision.

BxN said:
Bullshit, they both look about the same.

There's some minor differences (some sharper places on 360, darker spots on PS3) but I can't really say one looks better than the other, especially in motion.

Worthless thread.

Having looked at most of the screenshots I don't see any screenshot where the PS3 is sharper than the 360. Do you remember an example?

The bump mapping is also better . It's fine if you don't think the difference is a big deal, but the 360 textures do seem sharper.

Of course one can raise the question of whether those screenshots are correctly captured.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
chris1_16 said:

Holy Crap!!!! let's crap our pants because the 360 version of a multi-plat game was said to look slightly better than the other version. wow

By the way, for other multi-plat games that were said to look better on ps3, how did you react?

It has become a tradition in this generation to compare PS3 and 360 graphics, you just can't stop it. We might as well have some fun nitpicking the differences (although on this game they seem to be bigger than usual if it's true that the PS3 version won't have self-shadowing and the 360 version does).

One of the important points is to show that raw power is less important than ease of development.

I mean don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching/reading comparisons. But if one version of the game has a slight advantage over the other, fanboys react as if someone saw Jesus for the 1st time. Yes it's helpful to learn which version is slightly better but is there any reason to act fanboyish about it? (especially if they both look identical)

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

Drage said:
Pointless thread.

This.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Drage said:
Pointless thread.

well that was a pointless post

anyways the 360 version does look better