By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii ever get...

daed rising 2 has been announced but nothing really has happened (sorry bout the off topicness i just read the quote about DR2)

Around the Network

Well now we can ad Dead Space. And a complete shift in EA's focus which means more Wii games, specifically more of these "Core" games. Is this the beginning of a western dev shift? If so, it makes the possibilities of these types of games much more likely.

So where's our WRPG's?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

narfwack said:
windbane said:
scottie said:
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Resident Evil Wii edition (Japan only so far)
Resident Evil 0 Wii edition (Japan only so far)
Cursed Mountain
Alone in the Dark
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
Dead Rising
Obscure: The Aftermath
Sadness (if it surfaces)

= lacking in Survival Horror? The Wii certainly has the best survival horror lineup of any 7th gen console

Ok, first of all, RE4 is a 6th generation game. Wii is lacking RE5. I don't live in Japan, either.

360 has Dead Rising 1 and 2

360/PS3 has Alone in the Dark

So, that means you are down to Cursed Mountain (no reviews) and Fatal Frame (no reviews) vs:

Dead Space (PS3/360)

Silent Hill: Homecoming (PS3/360)

Condemned (360)

Condemned 2 (PS3/360)

Siren: Blood Curse (PS3)

If you are going to count Obscure: The Aftermath at 56% on gamerankings, then I'll count Clive Barker's Jericho at 65%.

I don't see how the Wii has near the best out of the 3 consoles.

Dead Space for Wii! Also, that "Calling" game is coming out sometime.

fair enough, but Alone in the Dark for Wii was 39% and the PS3 version was 68% so we'll see how the Wii version of Dead Space works out and if the control is worth the loss of the other aspects.

appolose said:
A good Star Fox game may fit the bill of aerial combat nicely.

Nintendo neeeds to get on an internally developed Star Fox game ASAP!

My point, windbane, is that Dead Rising isn't a horror game, nor is it especially hard to survive. You primarily fight with melee weapons, and the tone of the game is primarily comedic rather than frightening.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
My point, windbane, is that Dead Rising isn't a horror game, nor is it especially hard to survive. You primarily fight with melee weapons, and the tone of the game is primarily comedic rather than frightening.

And obviously not a spoof of Dawn of the Dead amirite?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

stof said:
Well now we can ad Dead Space. And a complete shift in EA's focus which means more Wii games, specifically more of these "Core" games. Is this the beginning of a western dev shift? If so, it makes the possibilities of these types of games much more likely.

So where's our WRPG's?

Actually, I think Activision got the ball rolloing, albeit slowly, and EA just gave it a good kick.

EA concentrating half their efforts on Wii will definitely trickle down to more western studios.  Our industry is very 'follow me'.  Certainly not all at once but the snowball is building.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

As next gen approaches we'll see more and more "hardcore" games on Wii, as it's almost sure that Sony and MS will copy get inspiration from Nintendo motion control to the degree allowed without falling into patents infringement, so Wii will be precious for developers to get accustomed earlier to gameplay and control novelties (*).

(*) Edit: it must obviously be read "novelties for Nintendo's competitors"

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

windbane said:
scottie said:
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Resident Evil Wii edition (Japan only so far)
Resident Evil 0 Wii edition (Japan only so far)
Cursed Mountain
Alone in the Dark
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
Dead Rising
Obscure: The Aftermath
Sadness (if it surfaces)

= lacking in Survival Horror? The Wii certainly has the best survival horror lineup of any 7th gen console

Ok, first of all, RE4 is a 6th generation game. Wii is lacking RE5. I don't live in Japan, either. It's a 6th gen game, but still very good, with better graphics than the PS2 version, extra features compared to the GC version and better controls than either.

I did not contest that the Wii has better third person shooters than the 360, and I have no reason to believe that RE:5 is a survival horror.

This is true, and that's why I labelled them as currently Japan only.

360 has Dead Rising 1 and 2

360/PS3 has Alone in the Dark

So, that means you are down to RE:4 91 metacritic, Cursed Mountain (no reviews) and Fatal Frame (no reviews), The Calling, Sadness vs:

Dead Space (PS3/360)

Silent Hill: Homecoming (PS3/360)

Condemned (360)

Condemned 2 (PS3/360)

Siren: Blood Curse (PS3)

If you are going to count Obscure: The Aftermath at 56% on gamerankings, then I'll count Clive Barker's Jericho at 65%.

Obscure is a decent game, I'm not sure why it got bad reviews

I don't see how the Wii has near the best out of the 3 consoles.

Well it's a subjective question I suppose, but I prefer the Wii's lineup

"Oh? Tekken - yes, Soul Calibur - yes, Virtua Figher, Street Figher - yes?

Edit: Dead or Alive - doubt it, Fight Night, Mortal Kombat - yes(Wii only got 6th generation Armageddon, not the new MK vs. DC)?"

Don't know much about VF or FN
Feel free to quote me on this, although I would like to add the proviso that if there isn't another game made for the franchise for any console this gen, then I won't consider myself to be wrong.

Well that answers my flight combat question. H.A.W.X. is Wii bound!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.