By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii ever get...

Exblackman said:
stof said:
El Duderino said:

@stof: I didn´t say they won´t get them... and I only said Nintendo doesn´t need them to make a point that they won´t try to get devs. to make chertain games for them... MS and Sony have to worry about a diverse game library to get ahead... Nintendo is doing just fine and doesn´t have to worry... but with the growing gap to the competition more and more devs will look for open spots in the Wii librabry... question is will it be the right devs and will they get the overall game and the controlls right... and for some games... like a real sim racer it might be hard to get the controlls to match the standards of fans (and lots racing sim fans are very picky in that area)...

Ah, sorry dude. I thought you were taking the defensive route. Now I see you were going for an explanation. And that works for me.

How about WRPG's?

Would you count the new Overlord game as a WRPG, because I would count it at least as a sub genre of it.

Isn't that more of an RTS? That's another one. for RTS's, the Wii has little King's story, Pikmin and Overlord, but it doesn't have any of the more traditional types of RTS's, which is weird considering how perfect the pointer would be for it (or does Battalion Wars count haven't played it)?

Will the Wii ever get it's own "Command and Congquer"?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
jlauro said:
There are hokey games on wii. Namely NHL2K9 and a couple of wiiware ones. Don't ask me if they are any good...

Anyways, to answer your main question... I say yes they will all come eventually.

Sadly they're not. The wiiware one was a cheap cash-in at best, and 2K9 was a very poor game. It's glitchy as hell (though, I'm guessing that it's not a wii exclusive problem) and some of the motions (ex. bodychecking) are poorly implemented. However, passing was very good (point the reticle at the player you want to pass it too, and simply press A). Shooting was all right (quick flick for a wrist shot or wind up and shoot for a slap shot). I'd be surprised if 2K made their money back on this game (it sold poorly on 360/PS3 because EA's got one hell of a hockey game, and it's sold poorly on wii, although almost all the advertising has been directed at the wii version, at least here in Canada).

OT: I think that eventually the wii will get some games in all these genres, but probably not all of the "big ones," but they might manage to get a few here and there (as well as most of the smaller budget games in those genres).

360 costs $199 now. some of these genres you mention aren't reliant on motion controls (especially fighting, racing sims). A strict fan of these would be better served picking up a 360. Maybe that's why devs aren't bothered with making wii versions.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Sim Racing -The sim racing game benefits the most of graphics and physics, and those are easily made in the HD consoles. So is very unlikely that we get some of those in the wii.

Fighting - We've got a lot of good or competent fighting games for the Wii: Guilty Gear, King of fighters Orochis Saga, Naruto saga, Samurai Showdown, dragon ball, just not the big ones SFIV, soulcalibur, new MK.

Survival Horror - A lot of "potencial" good games, but not know franchises

Hockey - Don't know anything about sports games.

Flight Combat game - Is there any good for aerial combat games in any console?

I disagree with your Survival-Horror and Fighting comments. The Wii has plenty of great fighter and are getting a surprisingly amount of Survival-Horror games.
(RE5 is no longer Survival-Horror)

As for Sim Racers I think theyre horrible. GT style games are just boring I dont really want one and I dont think Wii owners in general want a sim racer. Id think it would be a niche genre on Wii then again GT sells like hotcakes.

I do want more Flight games though. =(

Around the Network

Valkyria: there aren't many good survival horror games on Wii and RE5 is definitely survival horror.

windbane said:
Valkyria: there aren't many good survival horror games on Wii and RE5 is definitely survival horror.

Man I wouldn't even call RE4 survival horror, much less RE5. One aspect of survival horror is that they limit your ability to exert your will on the environment, which is a problem when Leon and Chris kick so much ass.

Well, to me survival horror is a game where your resources must be conserved and has scary moments or enemies. RE4 fulfilled that. RE5 seems to be the same except with co-op. I've been playing a little co-op today and it's a lot of fun, too.

At the very least, the Wii loses it's best survival horror if you aren't going to count RE5, either.

Either way, the PS3 and 360 are pretty far ahead.

So... by your definition games like quake 4 are survival horror too eh?

Anyway, for fighting, SSBB sold more than any Tekken, Soul Calibur or Street fighter game according to VGChartz. And other consoles don't have unique fighters like that.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Apparently this is just a bad generation for survival horror which takes place in games.