By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii ever get...

llewdebkram said:
Wii owners don't need realistic car racing games.

We are all big boys who can drive and afford our own nice cars rather than having to pretend.

:P

Even if you can afford a car with 400+HP, can you unleash them on road without risking your driving license?

Mario Kart won't satisfy a realistic sport driving craving, whiile going to a track every time you desire can be too expensive even for a lot of well-off and too much time consuming for almost everybody.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Well, a Burnout game on Wii would help the lack of racing games on Wii a bit. As for a racing Sim? I don't know.

And as far as WRPGs, High Voltage Studios next game after The Conduit might be a RPG (or something else). Retro Studios next game might be a RPG to.

As far as Zombies goes, I'm waiting for some screens and a video of Zombie Massacre, which might become a cool game. As for more horror, I wonder what will happen to Winter and Sadness.

Khuutra said:
Apparently this is just a bad generation for survival horror which takes place in games.

Dead Rising 1 and 2, Alone in the Dark, Dead Space, Silent Hill: Homecoming, Condemned 1 and 2, Siren: Blood Curse

Some of those received good reviews.

I also think a lot of you have too limited of a definiton of survival horror.  Whoever said Quake 4 must be survival horror based on my definition must not have played Quake 4 because the game isn't based on scary moments and your resources very limited.  At least Doom 3 tried more of that.

The mood and tone has an effect.  RE4 wasn't a straight action game by any means, and RE5 seems to be an improvement upon the same game type.  It's like people have this memory of the original RE being a lot scarier than it was or something.  You don't have to have tons of lame puzzles to have a survival horror, and that's really the only thing that's different about the last few REs.  I jumped out when those dogs came through the window in the original RE, but there are moments that have scared me in the other games as well.

Btw, F.E.A.R. is scary enough to be survival horror but there's rarely a time when you have to worry about your ammo.  still, I'm not sure why everyone just wants a game exactly like the original RE and if it doesn't have a ton of puzzles it's suddenly "just an action game."

As far as Fighting gaming goes, Nintendo Fan are happy only with Smash Bros... So who need more than this ? :)

sly777 said:
As far as Fighting gaming goes, Nintendo Fan are happy only with Smash Bros... So who need more than this ? :)

I am a Nintendo Fan and I am NOT a Smash bros one. Yeah is fun but I can live without it.

I would love to see Street Fighter 4 on wii T_T

Around the Network

I think the survival horror question has been answered.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Well for me (DBZ fan!) Wii has an excellent FIghtin game, Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi Budokai 3 therefore this is my main fighting fix. Smash is also a great game (but i agree its not a traditional fighter). Well at the moment i have a little hope for any form of SF on the Wii.

But i put my faith in SEGA, they are supporting the Wii heavily and maybe they will consider puting Virtua Fighter Game on the platform?

About survival horror, Wii has Fatal Frame IV (which will eventually be relased in the West) Cursed Mountain, RE IV ( i know its not a traditional horror game) so its not bad and it should be only better.

scottie said:
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Resident Evil Wii edition (Japan only so far)
Resident Evil 0 Wii edition (Japan only so far)
Cursed Mountain
Alone in the Dark
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
Dead Rising
Obscure: The Aftermath
Sadness (if it surfaces)

= lacking in Survival Horror? The Wii certainly has the best survival horror lineup of any 7th gen console

you should never mention alone in the dark wii.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

For better or worse, Alone in the Dark is a Survival Horror game. A BAD one yes but a SH still.

windbane said:
scottie said:
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Resident Evil Wii edition (Japan only so far)
Resident Evil 0 Wii edition (Japan only so far)
Cursed Mountain
Alone in the Dark
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
Dead Rising
Obscure: The Aftermath
Sadness (if it surfaces)

= lacking in Survival Horror? The Wii certainly has the best survival horror lineup of any 7th gen console

Ok, first of all, RE4 is a 6th generation game. Wii is lacking RE5. I don't live in Japan, either.

360 has Dead Rising 1 and 2

360/PS3 has Alone in the Dark

So, that means you are down to Cursed Mountain (no reviews) and Fatal Frame (no reviews) vs:

Dead Space (PS3/360)

Silent Hill: Homecoming (PS3/360)

Condemned (360)

Condemned 2 (PS3/360)

Siren: Blood Curse (PS3)

If you are going to count Obscure: The Aftermath at 56% on gamerankings, then I'll count Clive Barker's Jericho at 65%.

I don't see how the Wii has near the best out of the 3 consoles.

Dead Space for Wii! Also, that "Calling" game is coming out sometime.

360 Tag - narfwack