By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil 5 for PS3 has a 5GB mandatory install

Today we learn installation capacity of Resident Evil 5. This will be 5GB take your HDD. Bad news for people with a 40 GB PlayStation 3.

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nextgamer.nl%2Findex.php%3Fpagina%3Dnieuws%2Flezen%26id%3D961&sl=nl&tl=en&history_state0=en|nl|Resident%2520Evil%25205%2520requires%25205%2520GB%2520intallation&swap=1

----------------------------

I had a feeling this was going to happen. Lost Planet and DMC4 also had 5GB installs.

Around the Network

BOOOOOOOOOO!

If Killzone 2 can run without an install, why does RE5 need one?!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Ouch, 5g seems excessive considering the game is probably on like 7-8gig total. No biggie though, those individuals with a 40g PS3 can just easily just clear some space, that's all.

Kantor said:
BOOOOOOOOOO!

If Killzone 2 can run without an install, why does RE5 need one?!

ill have to erase something =(

Around the Network

not buying it as Capcom has murdered the franchise.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Expected, most of Capcom's games have huge installs.

Not really a factor to me considering how I'll probably just end up renting/skipping the game.

edit:

oops, fixed.

i will not be buying it either. I refuse to condone games that shortcut the PS3. I don't care if it's hard to develop for, put more time into it then. It has been 2 years since the PS3's release. Sony 1st party has shown that developers can make good, quality games within a timely manner without installs(or at least not HUGE ones).

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

When is the demo out on the PSN?

wow, i hate installs, i hate install times, and i hate the fact that it's going to take up 1/8th of my PS3 harddrive