By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil 5 for PS3 has a 5GB mandatory install

KylieDog said:
Buying a PS3 and complaining about installs is like buying a car and complaining you need fill it with petrol.

You knew that was part of the package, if you don't like that you shouldn't have bought it.

I am complaining about Capcom that are extra lazy do you really think that DMC4 and Lost Planet deserved installs?

Around the Network

Due to low sells of the PS3 version of RE 5 in the Western Territories, Capcom have now announced RE 6 and all the big budget games will now be 360 exclusives.

Would you rather have that statement above or a relatively small install that helps the game run better?

Why are PS fanboys so upset,remember

"PS3 has built in HDD so it wont force developers to (i forgot the rest of the BS)"

That was a early excuse for HDD Installs.

Edit - I remember,it will help developers make the game run better,they always used to put down the 360 arcade for not having a hard drive and now all of a sudden they hate installs hmm..

forevercloud3000 said:
i will not be buying it either. I refuse to condone games that shortcut the PS3. I don't care if it's hard to develop for, put more time into it then. It has been 2 years since the PS3's release. Sony 1st party has shown that developers can make good, quality games within a timely manner without installs(or at least not HUGE ones).

Ok here is how this will go.

You are advocating that Capcom delays the PS3 version of the game, MASSIVELY shortchanging the console versus the Xbox 360.

In response to them not doing this, you are going to boycott the game with the following effects (however immeasurable):

- You miss out on a great game.

- Sony gets less gaming royalties and third parties are less inclined to make good games for the PS3.

Perhaps you should be angry at Sony for shortcutting third parties WITH the PS3.

Write them an angry letter.

Yojimbo said:
KylieDog said:
Buying a PS3 and complaining about installs is like buying a car and complaining you need fill it with petrol.

You knew that was part of the package, if you don't like that you shouldn't have bought it.

I am complaining about Capcom that are extra lazy do you really think that DMC4 and Lost Planet deserved installs?

If the game is awesome, why wouldn't an install be worth it?  It's not going to make the game worse.

Around the Network
windbane said:
Yojimbo said:
KylieDog said:

If the game is awesome, why wouldn't an install be worth it?  It's not going to make the game worse.

This is not MGS4 we are talking about that no one complained about installs because it is just an awesome game. The problem here is the that Capcom have released 2 games before with 5 GB installs they have set the bar for other developers and one of them had 17m install time and now we are getting a 3rd game that is 5GB from the same company. It is one thing that if the game needed it like oblivion game that might be extra hard for developers I dont know but come one DMC4 and Lost planet I cant believe it. We will see now how long RE5 game is and it would be really funny if Street fighter IV had install.

LOL, at PS3 defense force blaming Capcom. The blame is on Sony for using Blu-ray that spin so slow.

I am sure if RE5 got unlimited money throw at it along with long development time plus the benefit of being Sony publish game and exclusive, Capcop probably could have reduce the install.

Why don't you guys be happy with the fact that game is day and date with the 360 release and will run and look as good as the 360 counterparts?

If you buy a PS3 then expect to have to install some of the games. it's like 360 owner bitch about noise or Rrod when it is (sadly) part of 360 ownership experience (albeit a negative one).

Yojimbo said:
windbane said:
Yojimbo said:
KylieDog said:

If the game is awesome, why wouldn't an install be worth it? It's not going to make the game worse.

This is not MGS4 we are talking about that no one complained about installs because it is just an awesome game. The problem here is the that Capcom have released 2 games before with 5 GB installs they have set the bar for other developers and one of them had 17m install time and now we are getting a 3rd game that is 5GB from the same company. It is one thing that if the game needed it like oblivion game that might be extra hard for developers I dont know but come one DMC4 and Lost planet I cant believe it. We will see now how long RE5 game is and it would be really funny if Street fighter IV had install.

What you are saying is that you weren't going to get RE5 to begin with.  A ton of people complained about MGS4 install times because it's not just 1 install.

Hey, 17 min install was ridiculous but let's wait and see how this one is handled.  I don't think Capcom has rubbed off on other developers.  KZ2 is a good example of that.

mysticD said:
LOL, at PS3 defense force blaming Capcom. The blame is on Sony for using Blu-ray that spin so slow.

If RE5 is on a dual-layer disc for 360, then the blu-ray is universally faster at reading than the DL disc.  We've covered this topic a lot on this board, but apparently everyone doesn't know that yet.

For a single player dvd on 360, some of the disc reads faster than the PS3 blu-ray and some doesn't (since blu-ray is the same speed across the disc), so if it's a DVD-5 then data can be arranged so that critical parts are loaded faster.  However, a HD is faster than all of them.

not to surprising Dmc4 had same thing.