By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil 5 for PS3 has a 5GB mandatory install

d21lewis said:
disolitude said:

Man...some ps3 owners here are spoiled beyond belief. Ok, so you have to install a 5 GB file...clear some space and erase those old Uncharted and Haze demos...big freekin deal. Just be glad you can play it to begin with. Some Wii only owners would give their right testicle to play this game...

I really dont see the problem

You either want to play the game and are willing to do what it takes or you dont and this thread doesn't concern you.

What the heck, man?  *snatches off mask to reveal "Old Man JenkinsYou're a 360 gamer!!!

lol...point taken but if I like something and want to play it, I'll do whats necessary to play it. I don't think having a 5 gb install is that bad to play Resident Evil 5...and as a PS3 owner, I would use this thread as a heads up to clear some space before the game comes out.

Around the Network

I'm still buying it for PS3.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

will there be a slide show during the installation like DMC4?

^^^Me too. Damn 360 is on the blink. Can't afford to buy a new one, so PS3 is the only option.

The 5GB install is fine for me.  Of course I have a 320GB HD in my PS3.

Around the Network

Co-op splitscreen is the reason the PS3 needs the install. K2 and Uncharted would need an install too for split-screen.

you guys should all get Wii's

no harddrive no installs :p

Does this mean the loading times will be quicker on the PS3?
I know.. I know why the install exists but still I wonder what advantages each version will have.

I never mind installs, Yeah it would be better if the game didn't require them, but at the end of the day- if the install adds performance quality, then I am all for it.

And 5 Gigs is literally 1/100th the size of my internal hard drive in the PS3.

Ohh thats right!

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Playin the demo now (japanese account). Definitely buying it a few weeks after KZ2.

I was worried about the ridiculous amount of control complaints. Using Type D controls right now and they feel near-perfect. Thankfully, the triggers do nothing important.

I don't mind the installs as long as the graphics are somewhat equal to the 360's, but I get the feeling this will be another slightly inferior multiplat on PS3...

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

O-D-C said:
you guys should all get Wii's

no harddrive no installs :p

Also no Resident Evil 5 >.>

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective