By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resident Evil 5 for PS3 has a 5GB mandatory install

I'm a PS3 owner and installs bother me alot.

if my 360 doesnt need the install then why does my PS3....

how could developers not taking the time to make a game run smoothly without short cuts not bother me?

Around the Network

Maybe this one will take under 20 minutes...*sigh* Capcom must just love to implement installs.

Lazy asses...

I have an 80 gig PS3. I have a ton of music, movies, and PSN games on my hard drive. I recently came into a shit load of PS3 games too. I have the space and stuff, but my game playing ritual has always been:

Clean up the entire house (don't know why)
Use the bathroom
Fire up the surround sound
Toss in the game
Enjoy opening logo(s), cinematic, and demo (when available)
Press start and prepare for the awesome.

It's been that way for years. My last few games have broken this tradition. I never really cared enough to keep track of which games needed installs. In the past month or so, it's gotten REALLY annoying. It only happens once per game, and I do have the hard drive space (45 gigs left!), but damn. It really destroys the fun. It's like taking a kid to the carnival and saying "before you get on any rides, lets just stand here and look at the carnival for 10 minutes".

SmokedHostage said:
d21lewis said:
And I don't get it. Release the game on a friggin DVD and make it run on the PS3. If it doesn't need a Blu-ray, don't use a Blu-ray. All of these mandatory installs are killing me!

Killing me!!!!

Blame the format, not developers.

no no! Blame the developers. Capcom seems to be the only company that can not get a game running without an install. Some others do, but every other major publisher at least has some games that don't need one.

Capcom is just a terrible developer on PS3.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

darthdevidem01 said:
not buying it as Capcom has murdered the franchise.

Resident Evil may not be about horror anymore, but that doesn't mean it isn't good. By the way if you want horror buy Dead Space.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I have an 80 gig PS3. I have a ton of music, movies, and PSN games on my hard drive. I recently came into a shit load of PS3 games too. I have the space and stuff, but my game playing ritual has always been:

Clean up the entire house (don't know why)
Use the bathroom
Fire up the surround sound
Toss in the game
Enjoy opening logo(s), cinematic, and demo (when available)
Press start and prepare for the awesome.

It's been that way for years. My last few games have broken this tradition. I never really cared enough to keep track of which games needed installs. In the past month or so, it's gotten REALLY annoying. It only happens once per game, and I do have the hard drive space (45 gigs left!), but damn. It really destroys the fun. It's like taking a kid to the carnival and saying "before you get on any rides, lets just stand here and look at the carnival for 10 minutes".

Exactly, reminds me of waiting for the Bioshock install.

Meh, I proably wont get the game anyways not a fan of the series. But the fact there are games taking up 5gigs of space on my PS3 is horrible :( My 40gig is already full....

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

Man...some ps3 owners here are spoiled beyond belief. Ok, so you have to install a 5 GB file...clear some space and erase those old Uncharted and Haze demos...big freekin deal. Just be glad you can play it to begin with. Some Wii only owners would give their right testicle to play this game...

I really dont see the problem

You either want to play the game and are willing to do what it takes or you dont and this thread doesn't concern you.

The Demo should be out tommorow on PSN according to IGN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

disolitude said:

Man...some ps3 owners here are spoiled beyond belief. Ok, so you have to install a 5 GB file...clear some space and erase those old Uncharted and Haze demos...big freekin deal. Just be glad you can play it to begin with. Some Wii only owners would give their right testicle to play this game...

I really dont see the problem

You either want to play the game and are willing to do what it takes or you dont and this thread doesn't concern you.

What the heck, man?  *snatches off mask to reveal "Old Man JenkinsYou're a 360 gamer!!!