By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A Billionaire gives you $500 million and says: "Here..make a great game!"

I'll make a game like World of Goo and take the rest for commission.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Around the Network

I would take Rockstar's roaming freedom designers, with Bethesda's console RPG designers, Infinity Ward's story writers, Bungie's multi-player designers, Blizzard's MMO RPG people, and Criterion's over the top car action designers.

And develop the best open world, RPG, car and shooter, MMO game that anyone has ever seen.

Give the money to Naughty Dog and tell them to expand to 150 people so they can make a new game every year

create the most peic ps3 exclusive the world has ever seen. you would be a complete new genre lol.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I would make an jrpg for PC only, and only ultra-high end pcs would be able to run it, i would bundle it with a pc able to run in ultra-high graphics for 15,000, a more basic pack for 8,000 US$ and the game only for 2,500$. I would make an rpg based in time-travel just like chrono trigger, but in the real world, passing by the antique Egypt til the year 3,000 , with a complex history and full particpation of historical characters. Probably it would be in anime graphics.

Around the Network

1) I give 100 millions to Blizzard or Naughty Dog or Bungie or Bioware, whatever, and I say "make a great game"

2) I keep the other millions for me

mission accomplished

1. I would bring together three teams of developers, each with special knowledge in respectively the Wii, PS3 and 360.

2. I wouldn't be afraid to redo the story, art or gameplay for a game until I knew it was nothing short of great. I would make it so that each game (Wii, PS3 and 360 games) follows different characters, but they are part of the same overall story line, and each game would rely on each console's respective strengths. I would also make sure that the graphics were absolutely top of the line, no matter how much time would be put into it.

The production would start with the art team and story writers making coming together to prepare for all three games, and once the bulk of that was done (so no great changes would be made during production), I would hand each team their respective games. All three games should feel different enough for players to want to pickup all three iterations, so there shouldn't be too many areas that are visited by more than one game, and the areas that are visited in more than one game, should be made by the respective teams so that they look as closely alike as they can.

The Wii game should make use of controllers naturally and require some sort of 2 player coop play (local and online). The main theme should be horror (suspense and tension, not zombie hordes), and utilizing the Wii controls for panic and such. This game would be third person.

The PS3 version should make subtle use of Sixaxis controls, and require a 4 player local multiplayer mode, like Horde mode for GeoW2, where the players deal with increasingly tougher waves of enemies, but should be able to be played by up to 12 players online. The game will also support two-player local and online coop throughout the entire storyline. The main theme here should also be horror, but with less areas focused on suspense and tension compared to the Wii, and bring areas where you fight a lot of enemies. This game would also be third person.

The 360 game would be a first person game, combining the feel of movement from Mirror's Edge with the feel of weight from the likes of Killzone 2. The game would focus on stealth and horror with 2-player local coop and 4-player online coop. The game would also feature an online multiplayer mode, where 1-4 players team up against a team of up to 12 players, where the smaller group will need to use stealth suspense to take out the opponents before they are killed themselves.

This game would be a fantasy come true for me, and be enough reason to purchase a Wii and a 360!

Do a runner.

Y'know, something like Mirror's Edge.

I make a vampire game where you kill zombies, werewolves, and other vampires.

I make Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 2 in full GTA3D, with a gothic overtone and an open world. It would have that Fallout 3 type gameplay where stuff happens in front of your eyes and you can choose to engage in them or not.

You could fight a group of marauding vampires after a young virgin girl, and when you fight other vampires, you would go into bullet time, and rip them apart with sword, whip, or fists.

The human world would be unaware of your underground activities, and you can run faster than the eye can see. You could be good or evil. Defeat Dracul or become him.

3rd person shooting, stealth, car simulation on foot, bullet time, vamire powers, whip DMC melee.

The screenplay would be written by Anne Rice.

Your character would be a Dampir.

Eventually, you could fly, jump like Crackdown, and save or enslave the world, which would change according to your actions.

Game progress would be GTAIV main mission based, with side quests more similar to Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines.

You could, of course shapeshift, but you can also get diseases like lycanthrope, which would make you take the shape of a wolf, bear, or other animial against your will, from time to time. Small touches like this make a game.

The SanFrancisco Bay Orch, and the Phil Harm sound teams would work together in a collaboration with Dragonforce and Kirk Hammet, to do the instrumental soundtrack.

David Hater would voice the main character, Alucard, and other famous actors, like Robert Downey Jr and Tom Cruise(who has worked with Rice before) would voice various other characters in the game.

The game would also come with a plethora of licenses techno, jpop, emo, punk, and metal music available via ipod, along with custom soundtracks.

There would be no multiplayer. Who needs it. The game would be massive, with many usermods and expansion packs in the works.

The teams at Blizzard, Infinity Ward, Clover Studios, and Nintendo would work together in a joint effort to handle everything from the artstyle to the minigames, and every detail would be maticuliously mulled over by game, movie, and book critics alike before the final product was released on shelves.

Particular attention would be paid to the control scheme, and its intuitiveness, along with the real time menu system, and frame rates.

Graphics would of course, be top notch.

Best game ever.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

1. First I'd get a sick team of devs, the best guys from Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Polyphony Digital, Geurilla Games, Bungie, Infinity Ward, Rockstar, and Reflections Interactive.

2. The type of game would be a 1st person view Sandbox game. It would be like GTA but much better. When your roaming instead of 3rd person like GTA it would be first person like Call of Duty or Killzone. You could do lots of moves including climbing and taking cover, hense why I picked Naughty Dog.

I would make the driving amazing and if you take the cars to your garage you can tune them up Gran Turismo style. There would be basically every car ever made in this game. There would be so many different cars that you rarely ever see repeats. Of course its a shooter so you can buy/steal guns. There would of course be like every gun from a regular pistol to a tactical nuke like in Fallout 3.

I would leave the story up to Rockstar and Reflections Int.