By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A Billionaire gives you $500 million and says: "Here..make a great game!"

#1 How do you start out your new Videogame/PC project?
#2 What will you be making?

Good Luck!

Around the Network

first you gotta tell me this: what's with the pic?

vess13 said:
first you gotta tell me this: what's with the pic?

I dunno. Eye candy or a world of opportunities? (make that a universe of opportunities) :D

1.. Find me a team of programmers. I can't program but I can write the script, set the artstyle.. all that. I'll be directing.
2... A JRPG. Or a mix of a JRPG and an ARPG. With some badass graphics because I have a 500 million budget lol.

Hire Nintendo to make a turnbased RPG with Nintendo characters

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

I build the latest Minigame compilation and push it out for pc, wii, and ds. Then I sale the company to EA and take all of my funds from the sale, game revenue, and 498m left from the investor and buy an island and live happily until I die.

well obviously I'd get highly trained monkeys, then I'll bribe every single game rating site to give a good review and then i would make the game, call my company NintenD'oh. after that make the real Nintendo publish it and I would be rich.oh, and I'll give a little to the dude that gave $500 mill. the game will probably be a action-adventure(rip-off of Zelda).

I'll take the money and run. Buy a private Island or something, change my name and live happily ever after.

KylieDog said:
Define great. Like, actually great, or generic crap that review sites will give a 9+ and gullible masses will buy?

Your choice entirely! She/he (the billionaire) doesn't care about making a profit! Best scenario ever.
The only condition is that you put every dollar into the project.

A WRPG set in the Warhammer world with a plot so Epic that the Final Fantasy games look like Peggle. I'd write -- I already know the plot; I write for the tabletop RPG, so I know the setting back to front -- and I'd work closely on the Art Direction, as I have a very definite, dark feel I'd be aiming at. It would be awesome.