By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 4 New "Need for Speed" announced! And you thought the serie was dead ^^

Bah EA marketing chief said it won't be a clone, so ...

Around the Network

I wonder if Nitro will be any good, I haven't bought a NFS games since Hot Pursuit 2.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Why would he even say that? Ive never heard of a NFS game were you drifted around the corners to build up boost. Thats Mario Kart 100%, and I wouldnt be too sure about it not being a clone, since they somehow managed to turn NASCAR into a casual brand. They say they are aiming for this NFS to be played by everyone, and thats not good news.

Quality and gameplay-wise, the series is dead to me. No thank you, fuck EA and their slaughter of all worthwhile franchises they either get their hands on through aquisition or have owned themselves and slowly killed.

Great post Mummelmann!

Around the Network

great news :)...always loved the nfs series

carbon> undercover > pro streets >underground >most wanted >underground 2

carbon was by far(and still is) the best nfs game.

Well I'm glad shift will be a driving Sim, the arcade ones are getting old, fast.

Not just another one...but four?

Damnit... so close...

4 ≈ One

To be honest, this isn't as bad as it sounds. As stale as the series has gotten, we knew they'd keep the series going and some of what's up there is a good idea.

Two of those games come from the simple division of the HD and Wii camps (and PSP and DS). And judging by NfS Wii sales, that really is the right thing to do. Of course, once you decide to make two different games for two sets of systems, you need to actually make them different games. Going the Sim route on HD and the more arcade route on Wii makes sense. And I am assuming it will be more of an arcade racer, but not something too far like a kart racer. EA already has their kart racer with their Nascar game.

So after them making the logical choice to split the games on platforms, we then have an MMO and a who knows. I can't comment on the who knows, but a racing MMO seems like it might be a great idea, and it looks like they're just using the Need for Speed label to get people intersted.

So as awful as it sounds, this could be a good thing.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.