By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 4 New "Need for Speed" announced! And you thought the serie was dead ^^

Why is it that all of EAs good games sell badly while all the crap ones sell well?

I think it's because when they make new IPs, they feel some need to add quality, in a vain attempt to make it sell. When a game is in a massive series like NFS, you can release shit in a box and get a million on each console.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
321tttrini4everz said:

great news :)...always loved the nfs series

carbon> undercover > pro streets >underground >most wanted >underground 2

carbon was by far(and still is) the best nfs game.

Are you serious?!? Carbon was a pile of crap, I got it last christmas and was so annoyed how crap that game was, and don't get me started on the choppy framerate on carbon and undercover!

Undercover isn't THAT bad but the acting is terrible and the framerate is a joke, apart from those two issues I actually enjoy it specially annoying the police lol.

Quality over Quantity comes to mind

FKNetwork said:
321tttrini4everz said:

Are you serious?!? Carbon was a pile of crap, I got it last christmas and was so annoyed how crap that game was, and don't get me started on the choppy framerate on carbon and undercover!

Undercover isn't THAT bad but the acting is terrible and the framerate is a joke, apart from those two issues I actually enjoy it specially annoying the police lol.

oops...i was referring the psp versions...not the console versions

i never played them on any next gen consoles but i will defenitely get carbon when i get a PS3 though

i guess u played carbon on a next gen console......how is the online play on carbon ????

Kantor said:
Why is it that all of EAs good games sell badly while all the crap ones sell well?

I think it's because when they make new IPs, they feel some need to add quality, in a vain attempt to make it sell. When a game is in a massive series like NFS, you can release shit in a box and get a million on each console.

I agree Kantor! EA seem to do this all the time now :(

Around the Network
321tttrini4everz said:
FKNetwork said:
321tttrini4everz said:

oops...i was referring the psp versions...not the console versions

i never played them on any next gen consoles but i will defenitely get carbon when i get a PS3 though

i guess u played carbon on a next gen console......how is the online play on carbon ????

Yeah, I have them on 360, graphics on carbon were quite good but the frame rate issues really spoiled it for me, online play was quite good too, seems to always be people playing it lol.

So basically they are killing what the franchise is based on and changing it to the other forms of racing's sub genres.

I hope this doesnt mean we will get a NFS MotorStorm clone...

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453