By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 generates largest sales for UbiSoft! 3rd Parties Abandoning Ps3 my FOOT

HappySqurriel said:

Producing the most revenue and being the best system to support are two entirely different things ...

Suppose for a minute you have two systems, the GameBox and the PlayCube and you develop 10 games for the GameBox (at a total development cost of $100,000,000) and 5 games for the PlayCube (at a total development cost of $25,000,000) ... If you generated $60,000,000 in revenue on the GameBox and $55,000,000 on the PlayCube which system was the better system to support?

the point is that no company is willing to drop a quarter of its sales revenue.especially when they are making same game for X360 and PS3.

Around the Network

@happy squirell

please you are posting as if having even the highest sales revenue is a bad thing

the point is will 3rd parties be willing to let go of that revenue.....I doubt it

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

cura said:
Neos said:
revenue = / = profit

ps3 games are most expensive etc etc

Their Wii section is the most profitable.

we really don't know how big a difference their is to be honest. It's pure speculation to say that 'ps3 games are most expensive' without backing it up with evidence.  

Harder to develop = more expensive

In fact some PS3 games in many European stores are more expensive than 360 games.

(Example: Little Big Planet 72€ in Germany. Maximum for console games is usually 70€)

Why would they make Splinter Cell Conviction multiplat but not Haze ???? - No sense

don't forget there is also EA, Namco,and Konami, where the ps3 is no1 in sales.

http://www.destructoid.com/playstation-3-outperforming-xbox-360-in-software-sales--109312.phtml

It is honestly a mystery to me how PS3 keeps getting higher revenue then any other console. I mean I can understand the Wii with cheaper retail prices and er, stuff. But PS3 ahead of 360? Odd.

Must be Europe or something, maybe Sony charge less for royalties... or Blu-Ray's cost less for some reason I couldn't possibly imagine.

As for Haze, the main reason it took Free Radical out of business is cause it didn't sell well at launch. It's trickling it's way to a million but this is at a price point of £9.99 in the UK and probably less than $20 in the USA, how much UBisoft sees of that $20 after retail and production costs etc I've not a clue.

Around the Network

i call bs on this. it isnt physically possible. euro numbers may be even, but NA numbers should favor 360.

@Hammer-of-Dawn
How can it be bs when it's the companies numbers.

Barozi - I thought Sony already came out and said those were the retailers pricing it.

Happy Squrriel - I doubt development costs are that much more. Especially if they are 360 ports they'd be actually about a tenth of the cost.

Hammer-of-Dawn said:
i call bs on this. it isnt physically possible. euro numbers may be even, but NA numbers should favor 360.

Here is you answer:

9 months sales 2008/2009 (source)

Europe =57%
North America =37%
Other = 6%

Europe sales were 50% higher than US sales.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
SpartanFX said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
It's Prince of Persia. We overtracked it on 360 (or undertracked it on PS3, I dunno)

no,you just love that game so much ;P

NPD said there was less than 30k between each version, and it's been selling a bit better on PS3 in others.

As posted above, the 360 is 24% vs 22% for the PS3 during the holiday quarter where PoP released so it can't account for why the PS3 is higher for the six previous month, it must be due to some other game(any PS3 exclusive?) or something else, maybe the publishing of some other company game in europe for PS3.

For exemple they are publishing Disgaea 3 in europe(you guy didn't get it yet?), they may well publish a lot of game from japenese company in europe(Didn't the publish NMH?) and since the 360 barely got any of those may be why they do better bussiness on the PS3.

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion