By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 generates largest sales for UbiSoft! 3rd Parties Abandoning Ps3 my FOOT

SpartanFX said:
HappySqurriel said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@happy squirell

please you are posting as if having even the highest sales revenue is a bad thing

the point is will 3rd parties be willing to let go of that revenue.....I doubt it

No, I'm saying that revenues is only a small part of the picture ... Several large videogame publishers have been posting fiscal statements where they are seeing record revenues and record losses, which means that their high revenues are being outpaced by the increasing cost of development.

no,,,it could be that they are investing on a big project and hence the loss now,,,it could be millions of things rather than high development costs.

If they were investing in a project that was so large it pushed a company from a profitable position to a record loss in a time where they were generating record revenues wouldn't that imply that the costs associated with developing a game had increased at a rate far faster than their income level?

Around the Network

this 3rd Parties Abandoning Ps3 my FOOT i like that one like i said many times b4 3rd party support will only get better ps3 is not even down to a 299$ price point either that's something to ponder about.... indeed

Play Me

darthdevidem01 said:

@heruamon

what are you talking about

If PS3 was worth giving up for 3rd Parties SURELY its revenue share would be MUCH lower than 360's....not very close or even above in some cases (I mean you seem angry by the thread title)

not only that but so what about $3 Billion loss

this is a thread about 3rd Party support....how do SONY loosing $3 Billion got to do with this

your the one "trying to believe" what you want to mate

It's been reported that it cost 10% more to multi-plat, so for a developers versed in both platforms, multi-plat is the way to go.  That is not in dispute, what the OP states is mis-leading...for the reporting period, the largest contributor to Ubi's bottomline was the 360 NOT the ps3...those numbers are for a 9 month period, INLCUDING the last reporting period, which ws heavily skewed to ps3, due to releases of the period.  The link also compares that to Take's two quarterly...so you are comparing 3 months to 9 months...HUH?  it's about releases, and you have to compare it on an individual title basis...PS3 does MUCH better in soccer games than 360, and 360 dominates it on american football...No one said developers are "abandoning" ps3, what wass said, as I recalled, was what platform would LEAD development.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

halogamer1989 said:
cura said:
I wonder if splinter cell: conviction will remain a xbox 360 exclusive? hmm...

http://www.videogamer.com/news/22-01-2009-10462.html

SC:C is a 360 exclusive, cura, press release news as of today.

linke doesn't work.

@heruamon

its not frikkin me comparing.....its an article online

go send hate mail to the site if you want....not my problem.

If you want to post data favouring 360 post it in the thread....we can discuss it then

I have posted the article I found....end of.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

revenue revenue bahh where is the profit??

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

heruamon said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@heruamon

If PS3 was worth giving up for 3rd Parties SURELY its revenue share would be MUCH lower than 360's....not very close or even above in some cases (I mean you seem angry by the thread title)

this is a thread about 3rd Party support....how do SONY loosing $3 Billion got to do with this

It's been reported that it cost 10% more to multi-plat, so for a developers versed in both platforms, multi-plat is the way to go.  That is not in dispute, what the OP states is mis-leading...for the reporting period, the largest contributor to Ubi's bottomline was the 360 NOT the ps3...those numbers are for a 9 month period, INLCUDING the last reporting period, which ws heavily skewed to ps3, due to releases of the period.  The link also compares that to Take's two quarterly...so you are comparing 3 months to 9 months...HUH?  it's about releases, and you have to compare it on an individual title basis...PS3 does MUCH better in soccer games than 360, and 360 dominates it on american football...No one said developers are "abandoning" ps3, what wass said, as I recalled, was what platform would LEAD development.

darth has posted an article to back his claims unlike you,,,so i don't know why you are arguing with him when you ahve none.

SpartanFX said:
heruamon said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@heruamon

darth has posted an article to back his claims unlike you,,,so i don't know why you are arguing with him when you ahve none.

Articles...Articles...are you freaking kidding me?  I'm reporting DIRECTLY from the companies FINANCIAL REPORTS...you know...from their WEBSITES...SINCE IT'S REQUIRED BY LAW...he's reporting , what some idiot post at some non-descript webiste...my sources...straight from the horses mouth, unlike that horse's @$$ source:

http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/secarticle.asp?sid=40954&symb=TTWO&guid=6305243&type=10003

http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/gallery_files/site/270/1042/1932.pdf

Gamers either need to stay the heck out of finances, or actually learn how to talk about them.  This is a direct shot at all the sony fanboys who since 2007, have been living in this delusional dream world that sony's cash burn plan was going to make the ps3 the top console...it ain't going to happen...Nintendo and M$ have market share and more money...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

You know what all this talk about revenue and how we make the most revenue on said console to me mean jack shit. Profit is more important.

I TAKE NO SIDES

@neotea

well give me proof the PS3 isn't giving them profit

if the PS3 is giving em crap profit

the 360 can't be doing all that better

@heruamon

the site isn't posting BS

now that you have posted links....we can discuss them & as I said before the PS3 even then is not very far from 360...bascially nullifying any 3rd party support loosing reasons.

my thread title is an attack to all the analysts who predicted that

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey