By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 generates largest sales for UbiSoft! 3rd Parties Abandoning Ps3 my FOOT

darthdevidem01 said:
@happy squirell

please you are posting as if having even the highest sales revenue is a bad thing

the point is will 3rd parties be willing to let go of that revenue.....I doubt it

No, I'm saying that revenues is only a small part of the picture ... Several large videogame publishers have been posting fiscal statements where they are seeing record revenues and record losses, which means that their high revenues are being outpaced by the increasing cost of development.

Around the Network
Hammer-of-Dawn said:
i call bs on this. it isnt physically possible. euro numbers may be even, but NA numbers should favor 360.

you call official financial statement from UBIsoft BS?

cura said:
I wonder if splinter cell: conviction will remain a xbox 360 exclusive? hmm...

http://www.videogamer.com/news/22-01-2009-10462.html

SC:C is a 360 exclusive, cura, press release news as of today.

HappySqurriel said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@happy squirell

please you are posting as if having even the highest sales revenue is a bad thing

the point is will 3rd parties be willing to let go of that revenue.....I doubt it

No, I'm saying that revenues is only a small part of the picture ... Several large videogame publishers have been posting fiscal statements where they are seeing record revenues and record losses, which means that their high revenues are being outpaced by the increasing cost of development.

no,,,it could be that they are investing on a big project and hence the loss now,,,it could be millions of things rather than high development costs.

Believe what you want, but look at the titles released in that timeframe...For 2008 fiscal reporting year, 360 was 39% of Take 2 revenue source, vs 34% by ps3. So cherry picking to prove a point is why ps3 and sony are losing 3 bln this year. WRT to Ubi, I'll say it again...it's cheery picking the data you WANT to report, since for the recent reporting period...THE 360 WAS 24% OF UBISOFT BUSINESS, THE PS3 22% AND THE WII WAS 18%. So, cherry picking the last 9 months is nothing more than sony fanboy spin! The fact is that sony is going to lose $3 bln for the year, if not more...no spin!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
Barozi said:
cura said:
Neos said:
revenue = / = profit

ps3 games are most expensive etc etc

Their Wii section is the most profitable.

we really don't know how big a difference their is to be honest. It's pure speculation to say that 'ps3 games are most expensive' without backing it up with evidence.  

Harder to develop = more expensive

In fact some PS3 games in many European stores are more expensive than 360 games.

(Example: Little Big Planet 72€ in Germany. Maximum for console games is usually 70€)

Why would they make Splinter Cell Conviction multiplat but not Haze ???? - No sense

Harder to develop doesn't necessarily mean it will cost more money. It's likely that studios share their resources when making multipatform games and subsequently it would be quite difficult to disentangle the costs of the the 360 version from the ps3 version. Regardless, my point was that if you are going to say 'ps3 games are most expensive' then at least provide evidence for such a bold statement.

At least here where I live multiplatform 360/ps3 games are always the same price. i.e. both RE5's are $119.95 RRP, both FEAR2's are $99.95 RRP and I could go on and on. LBP is an entirely different kettle of fish.

I didn't say that Splinter Cell conviction was going to be multiplatform did I? But I'd hedge my bets that it will turn out to be a ps3/360 game or a ps3/360/wii games because (a) the economic environment has changed over the past 6 months and (b) I don't think 3rd party exclusives are viable anymore - partly because of (a) and also because I think it would enable publishers to make more money off the game ^^. Granted I could be wrong but given that ubisoft have remained tight lipped about the title ever since it was revealed in 2005 apart from saying that the game is still being worked on makes me wonder if it has turned into a multiplatform game. Either way, if Ubisoft are considering to maximise their profits it would suggestible to turn splinter cell into a multiplatform game. But hey, THINK WHAT YOU LIKE!

SpartanFX said:
Hammer-of-Dawn said:
i call bs on this. it isnt physically possible. euro numbers may be even, but NA numbers should favor 360.

you call official financial statement from UBIsoft BS?

No...spinning data released from ubi is extreme BS...WHY would you compare a quarterly report to a 9 motnh report?  Shouldn't you compare 10-Q to 10-Q, and 10-k to 10-k, and 9-months to 9-months...wtf...do some of the posters have a freaking clue...probably not.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

ps3 is doing well indeed.

i cant stand certain fanboys who claim ps3 3rd party support will dwindle(greenberg)

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

@heruamon

what are you talking about

If PS3 was worth giving up for 3rd Parties SURELY its revenue share would be MUCH lower than 360's....not very close or even above in some cases (I mean you seem angry by the thread title)

not only that but so what about $3 Billion loss

this is a thread about 3rd Party support....how do SONY loosing $3 Billion got to do with this

your the one "trying to believe" what you want to mate

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

HappySqurriel said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@happy squirell

True, but this isn't the case for Ubisoft, they are actually doing better now than before this genereation started, probably have a lot more to do with there sale on DS than anything else but still.

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion