By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Fanboys Wet Dream: FFVII For The ...

Something scares me. How did ff vii sell?

mM
Around the Network

Apparently sarcasm isnt enjoyed nowadays which is a shame i enjoy sarcasm.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

leo-j said:

If it sold 10million only(according to vg numbers) on a 10million install base, then why do people make it like it "saved the ps1".

mM

leo-j what are you getting at?

leo-j said:
leo-j said:

If it sold 10million only(according to vg numbers) on a 10million install base, then why do people make it like it "saved the ps1".

Only?

Do you know how many companies would love to sell "only" 10 million copies of their game?

I bet Bungie(Halo) and Epic(Gears of War) wish they could say, "We only said 10 million copies." 

Around the Network

leo-j name another game that isnt an FF that has sold 10million units.

leo-j said:

Best selling Final Fantasy game ever. If this is true, it would be massive for whatever console gets it. I hope this is true, FFVII is my favorite game of all time and to have it full HD taking advantage of Blu-ray would be the best thing possible this gen but I can't see this happening unless Sony are digging into their pockets like the last time this game was released.

Are you high? Not even a Halo game has sold 10mil. That is a special milestone.....  Also, the PS1 was not 100million when FFVII was released....

naznatips said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
leo-j said:
Sporticus said:
leo-j said:
All I know, and S-E aint dumb they know this that if FF VII is released exclusively on the ps3.. we will see it sell double of what it sells at the time of release.

if they weren't dumb they wouldn't put it on a Sony console with an inferior underbase.

Yes and if they were smart, they would have already put it on the wii with its HUGE USERBASE OF OVER 10 MILLION!!!/sarcasm. S-E arent really money hungry(EA is..) why did they release FF for the ps1 in the first place? Nintendo has such a huge user base putting it on the n64 would be the only option..that's if they were money hungry..

well they put it on ps1 cause it was alot cheaper then n64 so they were in it for the money, but they wouldnt just ditch sony and make it a wii exclusive, would very much hurt there rep. Again i see it multi before i see it wii excl;usive, and i still see it as a ps3 exclusive that se will hope pushes ps3 sales

Replying to both of you at once.

@ Leo-j Square is just as much if not more of a money whoring company than EA.  There is a reason every FF game has been remade 10 times.  

@ LtoK Well they ditched Sony with Dragon Quest to put that (and all it's spinoffs) on Nintendo systems.  

I'm not saying it will be on the Wii, DS, or even that it will ever be made, but there is certainly no guaruntee it would be remade on a Sony system if it was remade.   Honestly I doubt we will ever see this game remade.  If it is remade, it could be on just about any system (except the 360).

Yes, but final fantasy 7 is a true system seller that many fans would be greatly dissapointed if it didnt come out for ff7, and if i see a remake i see it on ps3 and the rest of the consoles, i dont think they would ever just make it wii exclusive, that would devestate many fans on the ps3, i mean devestate

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
jhlennon1 said:
leo-j said:

Best selling Final Fantasy game ever. If this is true, it would be massive for whatever console gets it. I hope this is true, FFVII is my favorite game of all time and to have it full HD taking advantage of Blu-ray would be the best thing possible this gen but I can't see this happening unless Sony are digging into their pockets like the last time this game was released. 

yes, but sony is digging in to there pockets at the moment.

BTW sig is at 18, 000. For just one site, and for the countless millions who dont know anything about the remake, this is alot and if people really pushed for a remake it could happen

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

I wish they would remake FFVII already so I can stop hearing about it. If it will pacify the FFVII fanboys, do it. I am tired of hearing about FFVII. The game isn't very good and it gets far too much praise for an RPG with a poor plot and shoddy game play. I don't care what they remake it on, just remake it already SE.