By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Fanboys Wet Dream: FFVII For The ...

IllegalPaladin said:
nine0nine said:
I dont think anyone who has already invested 100 hours of their life in FFVII is going to want to do it again and i dont think it will have a fraction of the appeal it had back when it was originally released. People were excited about FFVII for the simple reason it was on 3disks!

I cant see much logic in spending the money and effort giving this a major overhaul, they would be better just developing a new game..for the DS ;)

All of the other Final Fantasy remakes seem to have been popular. If FF7's fans hail it to be one of the best final fantasy games, a next-gen remake would be popular. In fact, that's pretty much the only way I'll ever play it again. I have it on my PC and sitting so close to the monitor compared to the TV screen and it's in a VERY low resolution as well, I'd get sick every time I'd play it.

Yes, other remakes have had some element of success, especially in japan but none of those have been much more than a rehash of 2D elements (apart from the DS one), some using the same 2D from other games in the series (FF1/2 have been done on about 6 formats with basically the same gfx), this would take a fraction of the manpower and money that porting FFVII to the PS3 would. Even if they had the renders from the ps1 game, rerendering them in 1080p isnt going to be enough, it would still look old, unless they did soemhting drastic it wouldnt get anything but criticism.

The reason Square have rehashed so many of their previous 2D games is becasue its easy money , something that i dont think would apply to FFVII on the PS3. 

Around the Network

The sims sold 16 million copies
DIABLO 2 sold 15 million copies
Gran turismo alone sold 11 million copies.

I know the company is proud of the game since 10 million for them is a milestone, but its not that big if it only sold 10 million on a 100million install base.

mM
Soriku said:
SMB sold 40 mil...

Not according to the best selling games of all time list.

SMB is not in it.

SMB3sold 18 million in its lifetime.

mM

NO MORE FINAL FANTASY REMAKES.... ONEGAI SHIMASU!!! Okay FFVII fine, but as long as it stays exactly the same as its PSX version, same story, same system, better graphics of course and better sound but the same tunes... then yes, It most definitely will wet my pants... But as soon as they start to change the battle system, scenario, just completely rip it apart... I'll rip SE apart! In matter of speaking...

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

*call me dumb*, what's FNC?

Around the Network

Right, the so called, long during project. You know, that doesn't really interest me. I liked Final Fantasy just to be Final Fantasy, a new game, with a new world, new story, new characters. Finished and then off to a complete other Final Fantasy game. It's not that the games go to one platform, but to different platforms, which bugs me the most. How far can a gamer follow the story if the games are split on different platforms, while you only own one of them?

that same french one leading iwth "SHOCK" popped up months ago, its not happening....as sad as that makes me.

Soriku said:
^ Then that list doesn't know anything.

Go tell that to gameinformer and wikipedia. I will be laughing at you when they announce FF:VII remake on the ps3 exclusively.

mM

haha, game informer and wikipidia, the two most reliable places on the net.

As it was said in The Office "Anybody in the world can say anything they want on wikipidia, that's how you know you're getting the best information available"

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Soriku said:
^ Then that list doesn't know anything.

That list left out a game that was a pack-in title. Meaning it sold most of its copies while people were purchasing the NES. Just like how WiiSports will never end up on the list because you can only count copies sold in Japan.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.