By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Fanboys Wet Dream: FFVII For The ...

Darc Requiem said:
I wish they would remake FFVII already so I can stop hearing about it. If it will pacify the FFVII fanboys, do it. I am tired of hearing about FFVII. The game isn't very good and it gets far too much praise for an RPG with a poor plot and shoddy game play. I don't care what they remake it on, just remake it already SE.

Thats quite the opinion, cause me and a huge ammount of fans consider it the greatest game ever made. Its also usually always in the top 10 games ever made.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network
mitsuhide said:
@ceres:
No played both playing DS version right now read my sig and got a SNES emulator on my Mac with it so....

Now I have no doubt you have played both games and know what you are talking about. FF3 for Snes? Even if you say you were talking about FF3 USA version, there is no FF6 for Ds or FF3 for Snes. Get this: FF3 Ds sucks, FF3 original sucked even more. A Nes on a big screen looks awful (today standards). Ds on big screen would look better than a lot of PSX and N64 games.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

On topic
FF7 is a great game, if not the best in the series. Even so a remake by SE would ruin the dear memories we have about this game. The Square part of SquareEnix failed to create good IPs and ruined a lot of the old ones. Try to play Dirge of Cerberus. It has a good storyline (for FF standards) and the crappiest action-shooter hybrid gameplay we have ever played.
Until SE makes an official announcement lets take this with a gorilla-fist full of salt.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

If they were to remake it then I'm positive that Sony would pull out all the stops to ensure it came to the PS3. It would move a lot of consoles, over a million maybe. I'd consider getting one if it did happen (although definately not at the current price).

However I think it highly unlikely it will happen. I'm sure it will get remade, just notfor a good number of years yet. The original still stands up rather well I think so there is no need.

leo-j said:
Sporticus said:
leo-j said:
All I know, and S-E aint dumb they know this that if FF VII is released exclusively on the ps3.. we will see it sell double of what it sells at the time of release.

if they weren't dumb they wouldn't put it on a Sony console with an inferior underbase.

Yes and if they were smart, they would have already put it on the wii with its HUGE USERBASE OF OVER 10 MILLION!!!/sarcasm. S-E arent really money hungry(EA is..) why did they release FF for the ps1 in the first place? Nintendo has such a huge user base putting it on the n64 would be the only option..that's if they were money hungry..

I'd point out the fact that they remake almost every game they make several times over, release tons of spinoffs, and start selling a Japanese version of their games missing content and then release a "remix" a year later with all the added content from the US version but why bother.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
nine0nine said:
I dont think anyone who has already invested 100 hours of their life in FFVII is going to want to do it again and i dont think it will have a fraction of the appeal it had back when it was originally released. People were excited about FFVII for the simple reason it was on 3disks!

I cant see much logic in spending the money and effort giving this a major overhaul, they would be better just developing a new game..for the DS ;)

in other words this is wat you said " PUT IT ON THE DS, SCREW THE PS3 THE SALES ARE TERRIBLE, NINTENDO FTW!!!" This is translated version of what you said. It maybe ruthless of me to indicate that, but again its true, you would rather want the ds to have ff vii becuase you dont want to buy a ps3.

Ooh please, dont get over excited. the part about the DS was humour spanning from the previous part about spending money. There is very little incentive for SE to port FFVII to any machine. A DS version would be quite difficult due to cart sizes (but not impossible), but as i said, it is not worth their time and money when they would be using that to develop a NEW FF game that would sell better. FFVII was special in the time of its release for a number of reasons and not all of them would still work 10 years later. 

It was their first 'next gen' game.

It came on 3 disks, something unheard of.

The FMV was of a standard we hadnt seen before.

It came with an incredible amount of hype.

It was the first FF game to get real media attention in the west.

ALOT of people bought into the hype and got bored of the turn based, slow, repetitive battles, im sure FFVII was the first, and last FF game that alot of people played 

All of those things have come to pass now, You cant just rehash a popular 10 year old game and expect it to retain its magic. 

And to answer your personal poke at me, im not avoiding buying a PS3, i desperatly want a reason to buy one, FFVII would not be one of them, ive already put atleast 120 hours into that game, i have no intentions of doing it all again in a higher resolution. 

I remember last years e3 presentation , when thyey showed the FF7 PS3 technical demo . Man fanboys got excited :P Luckily Im far from beeing a FF fan ( not that I dont like them ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Lost tears of Kain said:
Soriku said:
@Lord

1. Baseless
2. No duh 360 + PS3>Wii, 360 has been out like 2 years, Wii almost 10 months.
3. Yeah they would. And by thw time it comes out, Wii UB'll be much bigger.
4. They don't need HD.
Edit. Who cares if it was devastating. Devs only look for $$$.

Devs look for money but they also look for aftermath, if you upset alot of fans thats not good at all, could hurt future sales. I can see them going multiplatform for ps3 and 360 before wii, sorry but SE has always been about next gen consoles for there best creations. They do need HD, make this game very superior in looks, add some very nice gameplay in, add to story, and you have what all the fans want.

BTW how can you argue that a larger percent of nintendo owners would want this then ps owners, now your just talking shit.

Lost tears of Kain for me, you summed up this thread.That was an excellent explanation!!!!

nine0nine said:
I dont think anyone who has already invested 100 hours of their life in FFVII is going to want to do it again and i dont think it will have a fraction of the appeal it had back when it was originally released. People were excited about FFVII for the simple reason it was on 3disks!

I cant see much logic in spending the money and effort giving this a major overhaul, they would be better just developing a new game..for the DS ;)

All of the other Final Fantasy remakes seem to have been popular. If FF7's fans hail it to be one of the best final fantasy games, a next-gen remake would be popular. In fact, that's pretty much the only way I'll ever play it again. I have it on my PC and sitting so close to the monitor compared to the TV screen and it's in a VERY low resolution as well, I'd get sick every time I'd play it. 

Delicious fanboyism.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom