By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Fanboys Wet Dream: FFVII For The ...

... PS3, of course.

http://gamers-creed.blogspot.com/2007/05/rumore-final-fantasy-vii-remake-for-ps3.html

Text from article:

Rumor :Final Fantasy VII Remake for the PS3 CONFIRMED?

Orignal Text:

...based on the frech RPG magasine "Gameplay RPG" that is:

"LE CHOC! A quelques heures du bouclage, voilà que tombe entre mes mains un communiqué officiel de SE indiquant le "remake du tres apprécié FF VII sur Ps3, uniquement". Alors que Sony se faisait du mauvais sang avec toutes ces exclusivités qui lui passent sous le nez, voila qu'une annonce vient flatter son catalogue. SE n'en finit pas de surprendre puisque, rappellons-le, depuis la demo technologique de FF VII pour annopncer l'arrivée de la PS3, rien n'avait filtré. (...) Une démo devrait etre présentée à la prochaine SquareEnix Party."

Basically, it says that they were holding the official SE communique stating the announcement of a FFVII's remake for the PS3 exclusively.

Source

Translated:
"THE SHOCK! At a few hours of looping, here are that fall between my hands an official official statement from SE indicating the "remake from very appreciated FF VII on Ps3, only". Whereas Sony was made bad blood with all these exclusivenesses which pass to him under the nose, veiled that an advertisement comes to flatter its catalogue. SE does not finish any surprising since, rappellons it, since the technological demo of FF VII for annopncer the arrival of the PS3, nothing had not filtered (...) a demonstration should be presented at next SquareEnix Party."

yeah but this time around, it's not just some random folk spreading some rumours but an highly respected magazine specialized in RPGs.

Source2

GameplayRPG is a awsome magazine for the lovers of rpg and survival, i always buy this mag . I really hope this is true ( I have the magazine and the articles is a true one)

lets hope

Around the Network

Why do the sources go to gamefaqs?

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

I'd buy it! It's been years since i played FF7 and I would enjoy playing it again with improved graphics and CG cutscenes done that would look as good as those from Advent Children.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........Thats all I have to say..

mM

Are you sure they just didn't look at that tech demo that had everyone giddy there for a few weeks?

Around the Network
ceres said:
Why do the sources go to gamefaqs?

I don't know. I just copied and pasted everything from the article.

twesterm said:
Are you sure they just didn't look at that tech demo that had everyone giddy there for a few weeks?

Supposedly it's from a magazine. We'll hear something eventually, I'm certain, disspelling the rumor again or ... not.

Edit: And, holy crap, Soriku. I thought someone asked you to shave down your signature.

Both you and mitsuhide have waaaaaaaaaay too much text. I don't know where either of your posts start or end

Yeah, it's BS til I get a real source.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I dont think anyone who has already invested 100 hours of their life in FFVII is going to want to do it again and i dont think it will have a fraction of the appeal it had back when it was originally released. People were excited about FFVII for the simple reason it was on 3disks!

I cant see much logic in spending the money and effort giving this a major overhaul, they would be better just developing a new game..for the DS ;)

Think about it, SONY WOULD BE IDIOTS dumb Fu%k$ not releasing ff vii as one of there first games. It would have not only sold well as a psn game, but would have actaully moved hardware! This means there is a chance.

mM
nine0nine said:
I dont think anyone who has already invested 100 hours of their life in FFVII is going to want to do it again and i dont think it will have a fraction of the appeal it had back when it was originally released. People were excited about FFVII for the simple reason it was on 3disks!

I cant see much logic in spending the money and effort giving this a major overhaul, they would be better just developing a new game..for the DS ;)

in other words this is wat you said " PUT IT ON THE DS, SCREW THE PS3 THE SALES ARE TERRIBLE, NINTENDO FTW!!!" This is translated version of what you said. It maybe ruthless of me to indicate that, but again its true,  you would rather want the ds to have ff vii becuase you dont want to buy a ps3.

mM