By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I played Metroid Prime 3 today...

Biggerboat said:
twesterm said:
Biggerboat said:
"Bringing up the scan visor was about the only really awkward thing for me. You have to hold down the - button, look up, and then you enter scan mode and that just seemed a little funny."

I actually don't like the sound of that much, sounds counter-intuitive.

I'm sure it'll still kick ass though, not that I'll know anytime soon, living in Europe dag nammit!!

Yeah, every time I had to scan it was just a little odd.  I imagine after a few times you would get use to it but for the little bit I played it always took me an extra second or two to scan things because I would always forget to look up.

The more I think about it the less I like it, having to look up in certain situations could spell disaster. I also think that it's an easy scape goat for reviewers looking to mark the game down for any old reason, in this case they could have a point.

I'll wait to play it though, knowing Retro it won't be as awkward as I'm imagining.

It sounds to me as if you are imagining that samus looks up when selecting the visor, but i believe it is actually a 'freezed' camera turn moment as soon as the '-' key is being held, it honestly seems fine to me

Thanks for the impression twestern, reaffirmed my want for this game, which will be released here in ohhh about 90 days [rocks back and forth in fetal position]

Around the Network

Twesterm, Did you play the Ridley fight in the well? How is the missile switch performed?

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Didn't get a chance to play Ridley, I only played up to the first battle of the game before I gave someone else a go and had to get back to work. Are there playable demos in every EB Games Soriku?

twesterm said:
Are there playable demos in every EB Games Soriku?

Wait I thought the proper question would be. "Where (address) is your workplace, twesterm?"

I thought I posted a comment and it doesnt come out..

On topic: Just came back from gamestop here in miami, and they have a playable demo I saw some kid playing it.

mM
Around the Network

I'll have to call my buddy to check.

And making ck a mod to balance out a "perceived" nintendo bias was a bad idea. He may be the most reasonable sony fanboy here, but he's still a fanboy.

Witty signature here...

Wii: 14 million by January  I sold myself short

360: 13 million by January I sold microsoft short, but not as bad as Nintendo.

PS3: 6 million by January. If it approaches 8 mil i'll eat crow  Mnn Crow is yummy.

With these results, I've determined that I suck at long term predictions, and will not long term predict anything ever again. Thus spaketh Crono.

Crono said:
And making ck a mod to balance out a "perceived" nintendo bias was a bad idea. He may be the most reasonable sony fanboy here, but he's still a fanboy.

I think he didn't understand what being a mod is about. He keeps fuelling or even starting flame wars, instead of preventing them!

He'd probably claim to be reacting to rabid N-fanboys' postings, but that's the very secret of flame wars: Everybody feels like they're just defending themselves. A mod should be able to see that.

Sure, there were N-fans claiming that "Mario Strikers is going to sell a million" or "DQS could have sold more if it wasn't for supply shortages" - but who cares? Why is he offended by such harmless claims?

By now, he shows up in every single thread and attacks N-fans as a whole, though 95% of them are quiet and peace-loving.

Edit:

Yeah, I've seen that he's "Playing: Paper Mario (N64)". Clever disguise, but there's no need for that. He can be 100% pro Sony if he want's to, but a mod should be neutral.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

I don't think CKMLB is a mod....I believe he is a news poster.

If somebody has a problem with any mod, bring it up with him or with ioi.

Stop the ckmlb bashing now.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Isn't this "bringing it up with him"?

And doesn't ioi read these forums, as well as other mods? And couldn't other mods bring the complaints to ioi as well? Isn't that part of being a mod?

Consider this a formal complaint.

Witty signature here...

Wii: 14 million by January  I sold myself short

360: 13 million by January I sold microsoft short, but not as bad as Nintendo.

PS3: 6 million by January. If it approaches 8 mil i'll eat crow  Mnn Crow is yummy.

With these results, I've determined that I suck at long term predictions, and will not long term predict anything ever again. Thus spaketh Crono.